Community Forum

Same install Fee different customer!!

New Poster

Same install Fee different customer!!

Made this thread because of Amazingkarma thread is locked and another customer had same issue..Guess there trying to push it to the side... Amazingkarma had same issue I had and was not given a $60 refund because wiring outside of his house needed to be fix which is not his fault why would a customer have to pay for issues outside of there home!!! Well Comcast seems to think it's the customers right to pay for broken wiring outside there home!!! Thanks customer service you have been of great help for me and Amazingkarma. We now realize how bad your service is to new customers over a $60 charge!! Ohh and I forgot to mention when I did cancel my internet service today because they did not want to refund the $60 I was told that a Technician would come out to disconnect the connection at the box!!! So your deliberately cutting the connection to the box so the next tenant that lives hear after me has to have a Xfinity installer come out to connect the wiring! Thank you Comcast for showing me how horrible of a company you really are. I hope this reachs out to other potential customers with same issues.
Expert

Re: Same install Fee different customer!!

Ocasio3 wrote:
Made this thread because of Amazingkarma thread is locked and another customer had same issue..Guess there trying to push it to the side...

No, the thread is old, OP stopped responding and they marked their problem as solved, This is why the thread was closed.

Amazingkarma had same issue I had and was not given a $60 refund because wiring outside of his house needed to be fix which is not his fault why would a customer have to pay for issues outside of there home!!! Well Comcast seems to think it's the customers right to pay for broken wiring outside there home!!! Thanks customer service you have been of great help for me and Amazingkarma. We now realize how bad your service is to new customers over a $60 charge!!

It's not a trouble call charge, it's an installation fee. If they have to send out a tech to complete an installation, there is a fee.

Ohh and I forgot to mention when I did cancel my internet service today because they did not want to refund the $60 I was told that a Technician would come out to disconnect the connection at the box!!! So your deliberately cutting the connection to the box so the next tenant that lives hear after me has to have a Xfinity installer come out to connect the wiring! 

They may physically disconnect the line, that's how it's been done since the begining of cable. They don't do that so much anymore as cable is encrypted. Either way, Comcast loses money on every truck roll, technical service is not a revenue generator, it is an expense.

I am a volunteer Expert/Moderator, not an employee.