Community Forum

Safety Issue- can’t get help

New Poster

Safety Issue- can’t get help

I have had an orange cable running from the back of my house, across the front yard, and driveway for six months.
I originally requested for it to be buried in October, then again in November. Nothing happened.
After the holidays I tried again. Nothing. No call, no technician. Nothing.
Recenrly a tech came out to bury the cable, but he didn’t. He said the line wasn’t grounded, it was a HUGE safety issue, and that if we were hit by lightening (completely possible in north FL with all the storms) we would be in huge trouble.
We have a three year old son, and this cable is so unsafe to have in our yards.
I have called EVERY DAY this week, and still absolutely nothing has been done.
I’m at a loss for how to proceed.
Official Employee

Re: Safety Issue- can’t get help

Hello, Jenleagonz. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums!

Thanks for reaching out to us here. If we have already visited and was unable to complete the work, you may need to reach out to an electrician to have the line grounded so we can safely bury it. If you would like, I would be more than happy to review the situation and see if there were any additional notes left that could help clarify things. 

Please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

@Jenleagonz wrote:
. He said the line wasn’t grounded, it was a HUGE safety issue, and that if we were hit by lightening (completely possible in north FL with all the storms) we would be in huge trouble.

I'm sure @ComcastTambrey will get the line buried for you. It's silly that it has taken so long. I want to assure you though that you are NOT in any danger.  Whatever "tech" told you that silliness about lightning needs some further training. Coax cable is bonded (not grounded) to your home's electrical system to prevent your home from seeking ground through the cable, it has nothing at all to do with surge protection or lightning damage. You'll be safe until they get the line properly installed. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi again, Jenleagonz. We haven't yet heard back from you and we will need to complete this interaction within 7 days from your initial post, if we don't hear back by the 1st of March. You will still be more than welcome to continue with sending ComcastTambrey a private message after that, but we realize the urgency on this and want to get it fixed for you sooner than later as well. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.