Community Forum

Safety Hazard: cable line down across road!

Highlighted
New Poster

Safety Hazard: cable line down across road!

There is a cable line that is stretching across my road. It is flat against the road on one side of the street but hanging a foot or two above the road on the other side of the street. If someone runs in to it with a vehicle their will be an accident. I’m especially concerned because this is likely to happen at night since our street is dark and not well lit. I’ve created a ticket (last night) but Xfinity doesn’t seem to see the danger. While I currently do not have service due to the downed line, I am more concerned about the safety aspect. Someone will get hurt and/or have serious damage to someone’s vehicle if this is not resolved promptly. There are a lot of children and traffic on this street.
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Safety Hazard: cable line down across road!

Contact your local police department, they will get in touch with the proper utility. Or call 1800 Comcast. This is a peer to peer forum and not real time support

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I already called Comcast and they have created a ticket number last night. Unfortunately, they say they won’t be out until sometime tomorrow. This could cause someone to have a wreck or serious injury. I am very concerned. Comcast seems to be oblivious to the danger this is causing and the liability they will have if anyone is hurt.
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Again, call the police and they will determine the threat and contact the proper utility

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!