Community Forum

SPORTS PACKAGE

Highlighted
New Poster

SPORTS PACKAGE

Why would Comcast continue to charge for the Sports Package when live sports has been suspended? This is very unfair.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: SPORTS PACKAGE

@hsandlin1 wrote:

Why would Comcast continue to charge for the Sports Package when live sports has been suspended? This is very unfair.

Sports networks are still broadcasting.  The fee isn't just because of live sports.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: SPORTS PACKAGE

we are paying about $10 per month for ESPN and have no option to opt out.  we are paying the salaries of the talking heads, color commentators, play by play announcers and executives that add little to no value to society and who retain there salaries, while people who really make a difference in grocery stores, medical care facilities and the supply chain are risking their lives.  we are paying for the crazy contracts of athletes who have move to safe havens, while hourly workers are trying to figure out how to pay their rents.  feels upside down to me.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

NO Live Sports…. NO Fee should be charged ! ! ! !

NO Live Sports…. NO Fee should be charged ! ! ! !

From the Comcast site…

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/most-common-taxes-fees-surcharges-on-your-bill

Regional Sports Fee
The Regional Sports Fee is an itemized charge that you'll see on your bill.

This charge is not a government-mandated fee and will increase from time to time.

It's based on our costs of providing the regional sports networks that we carry on our cable systems in each area.

These costs include the fees that regional sports networks charge us to carry them on our cable systems, which are among our largest increasing costs.

The Regional Sports Fee is not included in our promotional pricing or pricing under your minimum-term agreement and can increase during your promotion or minimum-term.

You'll receive advance notice before an increase takes effect.

Thus if this Fee can be increase at any time then Comcast has it in their power to remove it at any time.

As a community we all should stop paying this charge until Sports come back.

Pay the Comcast bill as normal just deduct the Sports Charge.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: NO Live Sports…. NO Fee should be charged ! ! ! !

Have fun with collections or your credit if you do that. Ignoring it isn’t going to make it go away

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: NO Live Sports…. NO Fee should be charged ! ! ! !

A lot of us just received our $15.00 check from Comcast for the Class Action Settlement because of Comcast lack of concern for its customers.

If we ALL take this to Social Media and we ALL boycott this Extra Fee then there is a very good chance customers will benefit.

It all comes down to Comcast being pressured to do the right thing.