Community Forum

SERVICE INTERRUPTION 6/29/18

Expert

SERVICE INTERRUPTION 6/29/18

The service interruption is resolved. 7:50 pm eastern

If you are still having service issues, please make a post in the appropriate forum. 

Thank you!

"We identified 2 unrelated fiber cuts to our network backbone providers. Our engineers are restoring services to business & residential internet, TV & voice customers. Apologies to those affected." - Comcast  5:35 pm eastern

"One of Comcast’s large backbone network partners had a fiber cut that we believe is also impacting other providers. It is currently affecting our business and residential internet, video and voice customers. We apologize and are working to get services restored as soon as possible." -Comcast 2:42 PM eastern

You can check the service interruption status by:

• Logging into your Comcast account and clicking the check for service interruptions link.
    • Calling 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278) or 1-800-XFINITY (1-800-934-6489)
    • If you've registered your mobile phone number for Comcast Alerts, you can text OUT to 266278 (COMCST)

I am a volunteer Expert/Moderator, not an employee.

New Poster

Xfinity Stream suddenly stopped working on Roku

Hi,

I've had the streaming app for Roku since if first came out last year.  Today, it quit working.  Watched it early this AM, came back and turned it on this afternoon and the channel was frozen.  Nothing happening for 5 minutes or so.  Froze up the entire Roku.  So, I unplugged it.  Rebooted, went to the Xfinity Stream app and now it things I'm a new customer.  Told me to enter in the code at the provided website, which I did.  But the website keeps kicking it back, asking me to enter a valide code.

I then went back to Roku and deleted and reinstalled the Xfinity Stream app.  Went through the same process, entering the newly provided code on the website.  Same result.  Not a valide code.  How can I resolve this so that I have access to the app again?

Thanks

Warren

New Poster

Connecting to Comcast by phone

Have been trying to contact Comcast by phone several times and after giving the automated service all the answers they asked me, they then tell me that they will connect me to a customer service agent.

This connection never happened, I then hang up and call them again,then it says "due to high volume" please call back at a later time.

This keeps happening.

I keep calling them back and then the phone keeps giving me a "busy" tone.

When will they ever be available????

I am really really tired of this!!!!!!!

New Poster

power failure in the east rutherford area

Is there a power failure in the area not getting on the tv

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity Stream suddenly stopped working on Roku

I seem to be having the same issue this morning just said sorry something went wrong please try again later I rebooted  everything and checked for software updates on roku still having no luck.  

Silver Problem Solver

Re: power failure in the east rutherford area

Seem to be some major outages going on, not just Comcast.

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32021957-OUTAGE-Comcast-business-Internet-Outage

New Poster

Internet

Nothing is working. No internet, no streaming, the customer service # keeps hanging up on me. I got through one time and it said there is a 1.5 hours hold time for tech support! What is the problem? You can't have this many customers and not be able to communicate with us. I'm furious. I'm not behind on my bill. I can't even get a code to come through to completely restart my streaming service. You need to let customers know what is going on!!!!
Frequent Visitor

No service all morning

With the huge outage effecting much of the country, what compensation will your customers be receiving? What’s more rediculous is that we can’t communi with anyone from Comcast. How much reimbursement should we expect on our next bill?
New Poster

Service down and can not call circuits down

My internet and tv services both stop working for no reason. When I try to call the customer service it says all circuits are busy I need to fix this ASAP I run a business from my home.
New Poster

Re: No service all morning

According to Comcast, there is no outage... Yeah, I know.

New Poster

Re: Service down and can not call circuits down

I'm having the exact problem. Have tried calling multiple times. Very frustrating.
New Poster

Cable and customer service

Service went out this morning on phone, internet, and cable tv. Calls to 1-800-COMCAST have been busy and later received message that all lines are busy. Instructions are to call back later. Service technician working on block says he can't help. What is going on?

New Poster

no service

17565 pequea no service

Expert

Local Stations Only

All SD and HD stations of local stations such as ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC work but all other stations just give a blank screen such as HBO, Starz, Disney, Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, ION TV, etc. I believe this issue is actually on your side becuase on demand on top of that isnt working completely properly and logging into the account gives errors on the app, cannot access web version of my account, and status center is not working. Email isnt working also. This to me means its a Comcast issue. Most likely directly caused by the nationwide outage.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

It is a nationwide outage.  Just search Twitter for Xfinity.

New Poster

Same in Houston Texas. No cable or internet and can’t get in touch with customer service. So frustrating
New Poster

Re: no service

I don't have cable service either...just internet and phone.
Frequent Visitor

Re: no service

I can get some stations.  One cable station most regular stations.  Can't reach customer service

New Poster

cable channels

unable to tune in cable channels, only local non cable channels

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream suddenly stopped working on Roku

Maybe a system problem?  Tried logging into my Xfinity account and couldn't get in.  If it is a system problem, hopefully they are working on it and it'll be fixed shortly.

Valued Contributor

It's down in Southern PA.  My tv has been out most of the day, the net was out but is back now.  Calling anywhere, that's still a problem.  Most of the town's phones are out that use Comcast.  I hope this gets fixed soon. 

New Poster

Yes, I pay over $200 per month just for TV!!! What credit will I receive?  As a long time customer, I'd be a former long time customer if only FIOS was available in my area!!!!

Expert

Re: SERVICE INTERRUPTION 6/29/18

@Nerdburg

You can check the service interruption status by:

• Logging into your Comcast account and clicking the check for service interruptions link.
    • Calling 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278) or 1-800-XFINITY (1-800-934-6489)
    • If you've registered your mobile phone number for Comcast Alerts, you can text OUT to 266278 (COMCST)

Mobile app unable to access account.

My account on web unaccessable

Status Center not working

Customer service numbers not reachable.

As of current

Also, corporate.comcast.com isnt 100% as well. Everything is hitting the fan today.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

Comcast Outage

Outage in area. National park, No TV all day, what's going on???
New Poster

Every phone number i call for comcast states, they cant answer the call? the my app and my account says there is not outage in my area but every on around here has no service, funny isnt it!!!!!!!

New Poster

My service just came up after restarting hardware. Had internet no X1 though

I live in Baltimore md.
New Poster

https://outage.report/us/xfinity

You can report what outages you have here. Also you can't get through to them via phone because the lines have way to many callers trying to call all ready. I'm sure Comcast and the partner that had the line cut are doing everything they can to fix this issue ASAP!

New Poster

Can't contact Xfinity

Can't log into Xfinity website today.  When dialing 1-800-934-6489, recording saying "sorry we are experiencing technical difficulties, please try your call later, goodbye".  Seriously?  A high-tech company that is based on internet, voice, and cable services can't get their own basic phone or website to work?  They are providing zero customer service today.  Irritating.

New Poster

Re: Connecting to Comcast by phone

I just typed a message basically about the same thing.   It's very irritating and very poor customer service.

Frequent Visitor

Unable to send or receive email. Unable to contact Xfinity or Comcast phones are out of order. If a fiber cable was cut it may take some time to get it up and working again. Just have to wait and see. 

Expert

I live in the Twin Cities,MN service area. I only have linear cable service with Comcast but no problems with cable.

Expert

It's not the same because it's not their link. The phone is for technical difficulties, not necessarily volume. Thier lines can handle a lot as it is. Anyhow, my services are starting to come back to life now.

Frequent Visitor

My TV came back at 330pm Culpeper, VA
Valued Contributor

My tv seems to be working again, too.  Net is working, hopefully it will all keep working now. 

New Poster

3.5 hr Service Interruption!!!

The service that Comcast provides is getting very bad!  With the service being down for 3.5 hrs, I am giving myself a credit on my account.  Comcast should step up and offer their customers a credit on their upcoming billing statments.  

There are more and more customers ditching the service and going with satellite companies.  Do the right thing, Comcast, and offer your customers the credit!

Regular Visitor

This lack of service is utter nonsense!

New Poster

Re: 3.5 hr Service Interruption!!!

Yeah I want a credit as well.  

New Poster

X1

X1 not working regular  cable is though

Expert

Re: Internet

@Dani_Brown wrote:
Nothing is working. No internet, no streaming, the customer service # keeps hanging up on me. I got through one time and it said there is a 1.5 hours hold time for tech support! What is the problem? You can't have this many customers and not be able to communicate with us. I'm furious. I'm not behind on my bill. I can't even get a code to come through to completely restart my streaming service. You need to let customers know what is going on!!!!

there is a major backbone issue in two places that is causing problems and is in the process of being cleared up. too many people calling in makes your hold time longer.

Admin1

Hello All -- One of Comcast’s large backbone network partners had a fiber cut that we believe is also impacting other providers. It is currently affecting our business and residential internet, video and voice customers.  We apologize and are working to get services restored as soon as possible. 

Contributor

Would this "fiber cut" affect Hackettstown, New Jersey customers?  Now I am posting at a public library.  Earlier I could not telephone Comcast with my VOIP service; but one party I called had to call me back because she could not hear me.  Through Roku there were some channels through which I could not stream.  I could access the Internet; but I suspect I could not reach some servers.  My email manager kicked out my password.  Then, when hitting "about Firefox" it would not detect whether or not there was an update.  Thank you for your availability.

Tags (1)
New Poster

I’ve been hold for technical support for one hour!

I’ve been on hold waiting for technical support for a dead router for one hour! Is this usual? I don’t want to hang up and lose my spot in the queue. Really need to speak to someone ASAP because I need internet for work!
New Poster

Re: Connecting to Comcast by phone

I know there was an outage.  I have the picture back but I can’t change the channel, get guide, last or on demand.  I have now been on hold with Comcast for 33 minutes.  They said wait time was 5 minutes.  I don’t like Comcast.  Seem to have a lot of problems but the keep raising the prices every year by at least 10-12%.  A couple of years ago the YES station was dropped.  I signed up for it but never got a reduction in monthly charges.  It’s back now.  A few months ago FOX news was all static.  Called them several times and complained.  Finally called FCC and got some results.  Of course Comcast blamed someone else.  Does not matter, I still had to pay same monthly charge.  I have now been on hold for 39 minutes.

Contributor

Let's see, take your monthly rate and divide it by 720 (number of hours in a 30 day month). Multiply that number by 3.5 - it won't be much.

Regular Visitor

Re: SERVICE INTERRUPTION 6/29/18. No service since 1:30 pm . I have called customer service 3 time

No tv service.  I have been calling customer service several times since 1:30 pmtoday, all you get is a recording saying wait 5 minutes but,  I waited 20 to 30 minutes each time and never got a answer.  Does anyone know how to contact them?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: SERVICE INTERRUPTION 6/29/18. No service since 1:30 pm . I have called customer service 3 time

Email is still out.....

Contributor

When Comcast email service finally fully returns from this outage, will we then receive all emails sent to us during the outage - or are those emails lost? Additionally, did/do senders of emails to us during the outage receive any notice that the emails they sent were not received due to the outage?

Regular Contributor

national comcast outage Smiley Sad

New Poster

If the outages that occurred today were due, as reported, to "unrelated backbone fiber cuts", then I am disappointed that the Comcast network, given how critical an infrastructure component it is, apparently doesn't have sufficient redundant, duplicate, backup backbone fiber access to minimize the kind of severe, widespread and long duration outages that occurred today. 

Official Employee

Good morning, debbieciaobella. We identified two, separate and unrelated fiber cuts to our network backbone providers. Our engineers worked to address the issue immediately and services are now being restored to business and residential internet, video, and voice customers. We again apologize to anyone who was impacted. If you’re still having trouble, please let us know.