Community Forum

SCAM Alert!! Comcast calling to offer a 30% discount if you commit to 2 years

Highlighted
New Poster

SCAM Alert!! Comcast calling to offer a 30% discount if you commit to 2 years

Call from 800-266-2278 to ask if I wanted a 30% discount by committing to 2 year contract. Then said I needed to pay the first 3 months up front.   This is a scam!! Be on alert! ID on phone comes up as Comcast and they knew my name.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: SCAM Alert!! Comcast calling to offer a 30% discount if you commit to 2 years

I actually had a similar experience when I called 1-800-comcast for support. They called themselves the "Solutions Center."

They wanted to "...put money back in my pocket..." mhm

I had asked if this was Comcast (knowing it wasn't) and they said they were an "Authorized third party reseller..."

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: SCAM Alert!! Comcast calling to offer a 30% discount if you commit to 2 years

I had this same thing happen today. The big giveaway was how poor their phone connection was. They spoofed Comcast's number and hung up on me when I challenged them. Never do anything on the phone unless you are calling them, not the other way around.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I just now received this call and was told that I needed to prepay for 3 months of service. I was okay till this point. Then they told me that I would need to pay for 3 months only by using their Ebay gift card. I was suspicious at that point and then just hung up. Even the connection quality was not good. Not sure if they are the resellers then why force someone to buy a gift card from them. I do not want to take any chances and give debit/credit card # to someone over the phone.