Community Forum

SCAM ALERT

Highlighted
New Poster

SCAM ALERT

COMCAST SCAM ALERT
I got a call from a woman claiming to work for Comcast and giving me a $60 discount for customer loyalty. Two years of the discounted price without a contract. She asked me to turn off my TV so they could update my box. Also to send a check to Comcast TV, PO Box 1385. Orange, New Jersey 07051. But you have to send a check for $225 as a deposit for you have to stay with Comcast for 4 months and they will refund your deposit. The check should be written out to Dept of Comcast Modification, but WAIT...because the name is too long you need to write it out to D. Modifications. Yeah right!

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: SCAM ALERT

Hi @LEO520

We appreciate you for using the Xfinity Forums to share your experience to make us and other customers aware of this scam. This is not something that we would do, and I'd like to pass this information to my leadership so they can alert the correct group of people who can investigate. Can you please send me a private message with your first and last name, the phone number this call came from, and any other details you may not have mentioned in this public post? To send a private message, click on "ComcastChe" and then click "send a message."  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!