Community Forum

Running New Line

New Poster

Running New Line

I just bought a new home that appeared to be within the Comcast service area according to their coverage map. When I called Comcast, they don’t actually service my address. The closet hookup is about 0.8 miles down the road. What are my options for connecting? I have been a Comcast customer for 10+ years and desperately need faster internet than what would be provided by a satellite company.
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Running New Line

You’d start with a site survey. The construction department has the final say on if/when plant could be extended and any applicable cost.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Greetings, the_unexpected! We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. We hope you are having an amazing day. Congratulations on the new house and appreciate you wanting to bring us into your new home. We can certainly see what we can do to have a survey done and try to get you hooked up with our services. Can you please send us a PM with your first and last name so we may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click the name "Comcast_Support" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Hello,

I have a similar situation. I'm moving to a rural house down a private lane in the Everson, WA area. The lane is approximately 1/4 mile long. There are six addresses that are interested in Xfinity service. The problem is there are no lines that run down the private lane. There is Xifinity Service that runs down the main road at the start of the lane. All existing utilities are buried on the private lane.

What would it take to have lines run down the lane?

Can I dig/run the lines myself and have a technician do the tie of at either end?

Is there any cost associated with running the line down the lane, given the fact there may be six new customers joining the network?

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi there, Jscholten. Thanks for posting. We would start with opening a serviceability request to see what all would be involved if we can service the area, cost would be one of the things we would work to find out. I saw your private message, which we will be replying to soon. Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!