Community Forum

Returning equipment

New Poster

Returning equipment

So I'm curious, I returned equipment I wasn't using that I'm currently getting charged monthly for to the UPS store, as I was told this was an option, yet it can supposedly take up to 6 months before it's received by Comcast (which I found out after the equipment was processed by UPS to be sent back). A few days later I upgraded my outdated equipment and returned my old equipment via the UPS store as well. No change in charges to my monthly bill with this equipment. I have verification that this equipment has already been returned to Comcast. I find it very fishy that it can take up to 6 months for equipment that they can continue to make money off of (and have not yet received), but equipment that doesn't affect the amount of money they're getting from me is recieved quickly. Can someone explain this to me? This seems pretty unethical and is making me second guess my decision to continue business with this company. 

Official Employee

Re: Returning equipment

@EDoyle2

It shouldn't take that long for the equipment to be processed. I'd like to review your account and charges to see how we can make this right. Do you still happen to have the receipt that you received when you returned the modem?

Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!