Community Forum

Returned modem still showing on account

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Returned modem still showing on account

On 6/3/20 went to Xfinity store to return modem (I had XB7 sent to me and returning previous modem). When I look at devices, it shows its still on the account. When should I see the modern removed from the account?
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Returned modem still showing on account

I'd like to know this, too... For my own account of course, not TheMayor00's. 😉

I'm in a similar situation. Turned in my old modem yesterday morning, was told I'd get an email when it's processed, but didn't get a time frame for when that would happen, and I didn't ask for one. Assumed it would only take a couple of hours.

Obviously I assumed wrong...

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Still not updated on my account page this morning so I called customer service.

He said it shows as being turned in back on 6/4/20, when I turned it in at the store, and that the only modem currently showing on my account is the one I actually have here at home.  He said he recently turned one in as well and it took a week or two for his account web page to update.

So, there's hope, I guess...

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Checked my Devices page this morning and the old modem is finally gone. It only shows my current modem.

Yeah...!

Highlighted
Contributor

You should use their chat and let them know. They took mine off once I notified them the next day. Pretty simple and easy process
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Actually I looked a few days ago and noticed it was removed. Usually when I'm return something, I get a returned equipment reciept, but they gave me an issued equipment instead
Highlighted
Contributor

Oh ok ... another thing is I forgot to factory reset my modem as well so that’s why it was still connected to my account.
Highlighted
Expert

FWIW, resetting a device to factory defaults will not "disconnect" it from being provisioned to / attached to an account. It's not related. It's the account data in the backend database that determines that.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Weird I had ordered xb7 but got XB6 the first time and when I switched for the new XB6 I pushed the reset button for 30 seconds and it was gone from my account. When I finally got the xb7 the second time around I did not do a hard reset cause I forgot and it was still in my account. It even sent messages saying the modem had new WiFi passwords and was reset. That’s when I contacted xfinity about it. I’m sure it has something to do with it. 🤷‍♂️