Community Forum

Returned Equipment

New Poster

Returned Equipment

I sold My house, the new owner had cable and internet set up and the installer took the old wifi router/server, you are sending me eamils looking for it and i do not have it!~

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Returned Equipment

@dupuis120 wrote:

I sold My house, the new owner had cable and internet set up and the installer took the old wifi router/server, you are sending me eamils looking for it and i do not have it!~

The boxes should not have been left behind - they are associated with your account, hence the emails looking for them.  Even though you no longer have them, you're still responsible for them [you've been paying rent on them and they're in your name], despite the fact their installer took them.  If there is a contact number in the emails I suggest you call it, or at the very least reply to the email, and explain what happened.  If the installer turned them in, they should be able to do a search for the equipment.  If they can't find the equipment you may be on the hook for a monetary payment to cover the cost of lost/stolen equipment.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Returned Equipment

Hi, dupuis120! Thank you for reaching out to us. I can check your old account and see if there are any equipment still listed. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name as it was listed on the billing statement. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!