Community Forum

Returned Equipment - Mismatched Serial Number

New Poster

Returned Equipment - Mismatched Serial Number

I recently returned equipment and only one of the 2 cable boxes has been scanned as returned.  This has been a few weeks now that I watied for the second.  The main multi-room DVR was scanned as returned but the small satalite box has not been.  I have had problems with returned equipment before with comcat including a case where they sent me to collections but I won because I kept all my paperwork and photos.  Because of this bad expeirence I did the same and have multiple photos of all the equipment I returned including all bar codes and serial numbers.  

Upon closer inspection I found the serial number of the XiD-P box listed on my return page does not match the serial number of the box I returned.  On the return status page it has a serial number begining PADxxxxxxxxx.  The XiP-D box I returned has a serial number beinging PAMxxxxxxxxx.

I would like this to be taken care of before it becomes a problem.  Please direct me to the right department to resolve this.  Below is a photo of allthe equipment I returned.  I can provide addtional photos of all the bar codes and serials numbers as well.  Thanks for any help.

2019-05-06 18.40.41 Xfinity Return.jpg

Official Employee

Re: Returned Equipment - Mismatched Serial Number

Hi @JeffWR

Thank you for using the forum to bring this to our attention. Sorry for the experience you've had. I can help get this resolved. In order to do so, can you please send me a private message with your first and last name? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Returned Equipment - Mismatched Serial Number

Hi @JeffWR

I hope all is well. I sent a message but I haven't heard back from you in order to get this completed. Instead of closing this thread today, I am going to leave it open for another week to give us more time to have this addressed. When you have a moment, can you please review my private message and send me those last 2 pieces of information? Thanks. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!