Community Forum

Retention deal - was told I would have the EXACT same channels, WGN America is MIA

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Retention deal - was told I would have the EXACT same channels, WGN America is MIA

@ComcastTambrey  repeated several times that they were giving me a retention deal with the same channels I have now. Yet now WGN America (channel 96 here) is blacked out. 

Yes. The price is slightly better than what we're paying now, but without the big six channels we mentioned wanting to keep all being included we feel lied to.

Mind you I don't watch WGN for much (Married With Children re-runs at most) but the point is I was told I would have the EXACT same channels and yet here we are having one missing now.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Retention deal - was told I would have the EXACT same channels, WGN America is MIA

It's been explained to me that the channel was removed due to the shows on it being on other channels. Yet just recently LOGO had a week long RuPaul's Drag Race marathon that preempted every other show on there, so having WGN would come in handy in such a situation again.

Not only that but it would certainly be preferable to have another channel we'd actually WATCH compared to all of the garbage sports channels we NEVER will.