Community Forum

Retention Services - Looking to Lower my bill

Regular Visitor

Retention Services - Looking to Lower my bill

I've been a loyal Comcast customer for awhile. Trying to lower my monthly bill which just seems to creep higher. My bill is up to $192 and I only have the Digital Starter package with Blast Internet. I don't have Xfinity service or a DVR and my on demand rarely works. I was offered a package of 1$34.99 this morning for TV/Internet/Phone which is the same amount that my package currently is at $135. I don't need a phone. I'd prefer to have basic cable and internet but pricing for that is just about what I'm paying now through Comcast. I'd rather not switch to AT&T but they're offering 360 channels plus the internet for a monthly bill of $95 with a year contract. I love Comcast service and am just looking for someone to help me lower my bill and maintain Comcast as my provider.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Retention Services - Looking to Lower my bill

With all due respect to Comcast, they will do absolutely ANYTHING to shovel their phone service to you. We just went through a similar problem as you are describing. We, too, had TV and Internet. We have been loyal customers for over ten years.

Don't know if you have tried this, but if you try to price a two-service plan (tv/internet only) online it tells you that this can only be done the phone. On the phone they will probably tell you that they cannot give you a two-service plan. They'll also probably tell you that there is nothing that can be done to decrease your present monthly bill except to take the three-service plan.

All in all they got us by the short ones and they know it. 

MAYBE .. just MAYBE ... but DOUBTFUL ...  you could work your way up the chain of command to a SUP or MGR and work a  deal where they give you a minor break on your current plan. SOMETIMES you can successfully play the "long term loyal customer" card. It takes a good amount of perseverence and a very strong determination not to take services you have no need or desire for.

This story has been heavily redacted to remove negative and blaming facts against the vendor.

Official Employee

Re: Retention Services - Looking to Lower my bill

Hi, DeBriskman - Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name and address as it's listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number. We should have better promotions in your area. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.