Community Forum

Retention Deptartment / Trying to lower bill

Regular Visitor

Retention Deptartment / Trying to lower bill

I called Comcast on Friday afternoon & after 10 minutes I finally got a person.  I was asking to drop my TV service but keep the internet running (Preformace Pro).  I was quoted a price of 74.95 for interent service, however was given a price of 69.99 a month for both interent & Cable TV with 85 channels (some sort of economy package).  I was going to switch to the 69.99 a month package, however I was hung up on prior to being able to do that.  When i called back yesterday, I was told that was not available & it would cost 109.00 for the economy package with internet & 84.95 for just the internet.  I want to get the price i was given on Friday & switch to that as my bill is just to high.  Why did the price jump so much in 3 days & why will they not give me the other plan like on Friday before i was hung up on.

Contributor

Re: Retention Deptartment / Trying to lower bill

I was tranferred to 7 different people yesterday. Hung up on once. And I was lied to at least twice. 

Still wasn't able to switch to only internet after they tried to charge me $10/month for modem rental when I own my own modem. No matter what I did, they wanted an extra $10/month from me. That's when I decided to go to internet only and watch Amazon Prime and Netflix. Well... checked my account today. TV is still active. I think I was lied to again. Comcast was getting $130/month from me. They wanted to get $140/month. Now they're going to get only $50/month (as one lady promised me) for internet only. If I have to waste more time on this, I will cut comcast completely and go with AT&T. 

IMHO, this corporation has gotten too large to care at all about customers. 

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to check and see if there are any available promotions for you.

To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name on your account, street address including city, state, and zip code (apartment number if one on the account), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Retention department is powerless now. I am also dropping TV and going with Internet only because after 12yrs with Comcast this is the first time I was unable to negotiate a new contract. Was told to take it or leave it.

Official Employee

billw001-- How can I assist you?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Hello Shane, I would like to get a hold of someone to discuss my bill and the promtion price. How can i do that?

New Poster

The same here. 14+ years loyal customer. I was not able to get lower place on Blast Plus, which is almost $50 more than for the new customers. New customers/accounts are more valuable for Comcast than the loyal customers. Customer satisfaction is not much important for them Smiley Sad

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to check and see if there are any available promotions for you. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name on your account, street address including city, state, and zip code (apartment number if one on the account), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

Official Employee

I can look further at your account and see if there are any promotions available. Can you verify your account information for me?

To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying the following information.

• First and last name on your account:
  • Street address including city, state, and zip code (apartment number if one on the account):
  • Full account number or phone number associated with your services:

To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

Regular Visitor

i am finding there is no way to private message you, Shane.

when i try to, i get a blank page with no way to send you a message.

i'm very disappointed right now: i called retentiosn and they could offer me nothing better than i can easily grab on the web via my account. my current deal of $59.99 for Blast Pro is expiring and the rep said it had gone up to 69.99 and that is the best he can offer me. he even sympathized that the price had gone up a couple weeks ago (confirming that my friends had recently re-upped their agreement for another year at 59.99 during February). 

it seems lame that i can't get this offer because i'm a few days late, and after being a loyal customer for over 10 years.