Community Forum

Retention Department

Regular Visitor

Retention Department

My contract is due to expire next month. I am looking into speaking with somone about renewing my contract, but for around the price I am already at. I have tried to speak to someone over chat and was informed that the only offer they had for me was to combind tv and internet. If I don't get the price around the same I will need to cancel, so I am trying to figure it out now. Does someone have a number for the Retention department that doesn't take you through all of the loops of just contacting the the main Xfinity number? 

Thanks in advance. 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Retention Department

Sorry, but 1-800-COMCAST is the only number they provide.

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to check and see if there are any available promotions for you. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name on your account, street address including city, state, and zip code (apartment number if one on the account), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Good luck.  Awhile ago when I was first going with Xfinity I came across a name here of a senior vp and his office called and got me a great package price.  Now when my contract expired the monthly price doubled to $190 a month.  I sent in a letter & got a reply that I could get $100 a month ( + fees I am sure)  which still seemed high. Here is the letter along with the vp name: 

appreciate you reaching out to the Office of Tom Karinshak. My name is Branden. I truly apologize for any frustration caused by the overall experience with attempting to repackage your current services. It is my goal to ensure all of your concerns are addressed. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to assist you. We really appreciate your business.

Regrettably, our promotions do change over time and what was available back in July may not be available at this time. With that said I have reviewed your account in great detail and I was able to find a promotion similar to the one you were offered before for the same features for $69.99 with 24-month agreement. I do see that your current estimated monthly cost is 183.98 and this offer would save you more than $50.00 a month. The details of the offer are as follows:

You would be ordering the X1 SAVER DOUBLE PLAY package for an introductory price of $69.99 per month for 24 months. It includes: Digital Starter, Streampix; Performance Plus;

You would also be adding the following equipment and services: HD TECHNOLOGY FEE for $10.00 per month; Internet/Voice Equipment Rental for $11.00 per month; TV Adapter for $5.99 per month; DVR Service for $9.95 per month;

You would be removing the following services: PREMIER DOUBLE PLAY; DVR Service;

The estimated recurring monthly taxes, and government and other fees for the services on this offer would be $9.29 per month.

Your bill would also include the following additional XFINITY monthly charges: Broadcast TV Fee of $7.85 per month; Regional Sports Fee of $6.50 per month.

Your estimated recurring monthly bill would be $130.56.

I have gone to the store & done chat, but what I really want is Internet along with a minimum of channels.  Then going to Roku with Netflix & Amazon & Philo TV.  That would only cost me $36 a month with no equipment costs. 

Official Employee

I can certainly check and see what we have to offer, can you verify your account with me? To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!