Community Forum

Resolution for 7 month old issue

New Poster

Resolution for 7 month old issue

I have been dealing with an issue now for 7 months and I have had enough. What do I need to do to get this taken care of once and for all?
Back in January 2017 I received a call from a customer representative from Comcast/Xfinity wanting to retain me as a customer since my agreement was coming to an end and I had let them know I was canceling my service because another company was able to offer me a better price while including unlimited data. I was sold a plan for $109 (which was supposed to approximately include the taxes and fees based upon my bill at the time) with Blast high speed internet, 140 channel TV access, and voice. I was told the plan would include no data cap/unlimited data for no additional charge. I asked him several times to be clear that there was no additional charge for the unlimited data. I agreed to renew with being given this plan for two years. 

I received the box in the mail and hooked it up but no signal. I called customer support and they said they would have to send someone out because they were not getting a signal either. They said the earliest they could get someone out was 2 1/2 weeks later. When they came out they stated the issue was in the lines at the pole and I would not be responsible for the charge. I later had to fight to get tech charges removed.

On 2/27/2017 I checked my account and noticed additional charges for data on my account and that I was being charged more than what I was told. After speaking with several people and telling them to cancel out my account I was referred to Natlaie in the Mississippi Retention Department and told her what had happened. She stated she would get her supervisor to pull the recording from the sale call and they would call me back. I received a return call a few days later and Natalie stated the package I was sold did not exist but they would adjust my account as best they could but the price would be around $120 with unlimited data. SHe stated they were going to give me the unlimited data for no additional charge for the two years of my agreement since that is what was sold to me. I agreed. I was told the account would be noted so this would not happen again. 

In March I had to call again due to data overage charges. They credited the account and said it would not happen again.

IN April I seen the tech charges from February along with additional data charges. and additional charges. I called and had to fight to get them removed. They apologized as always and said they would fix the account so this would never happen again. 

On May 10, 2017 I called and spoke with Rick due to the same issues. He stated I was not sent to the correct department and that is why I was having this repeated issue. I gave him Natalies name and he said he is going to look into it and contact me back. He said he sees in the system where I have called in several times but the notes are not making sense so he needs to dig a bit deeper. I never received a return call from Rick.

On May 19, 2017 I called and was transferred to Cecelia in Security Assurance Department. She transferred me to a higher department and gave me transfer code # 4062128. She stated she sees where I was offered unlimited data for no additional fee but my area has a data cap. I reiterated that I was promised no data fees and she said she didnt understand and had to transfer me to a higher department. Greg from Security Assurance was the next on the line who not in his ability to do anything and said I needed to speak with someone in the retention department. Greg said he spoke with billing and they agreed to credit the $10 for March overage. I asked if I would have to continue calling every month and he told me to call billing and speak with a supervisor to have them get this taken care of once and for all. He said the person in billing seen notes regarding this issue and that is why he credited the $10. 

On July 26th I did a chat as I am being charged overage again. They stated they seen the notes but the billing department cannot handle that issue. Told me to call and speak with the CSV escalation department. I called and Candy verified my account and sent me to that department. I spoke with Jaden who tried to tell me it was an issue that only billing could handle. I explained that each month I am passed back and forth between the departments and all I want is to be able to enjoy the service I was sold and pay for without the stress every month of fighting for the service. Jaden tried to tell me I had to pay $50. I told him no that it is supposed to be no charge and he told me he was escalating me to a higher level.

I then spoke with Bill in the Customer Assurance Department and he said it was outside of his scope. He stated they could not verify the info about Natalie in the Mississippi so I would need to talk to them. He transferred me to George (in tech support). I explained that entire issues from February and that I needed to put in a ticket to speak with someone in the retention department in Mississippi.  He stated he would look into what can be done and put me on hold.  He stated that the no data cap is normally a $50 charge and they don’t have anything to make it free each month but he was going to get me to the right department to handle this issues. I explained that they were either supposed to put it in as free each month or give me a credit monthly so I don’t have to pay the fee.  
Josh, in billing said he would enter unlimited data cap for one year and then they would renew it after the year for another year. He said they would back up the data for this month and make sure it is added on. I asked if it was just for this month and he said no, it is for one year.

August 27, 2017 – went to pay and bill shows a $25.00 fee for data. Called and spoke with customer service (Kelsie) who said she couldn’t give the unlimited data for zero cost. I asked to be transferred to her supervisor. Spoke with Dave the Supervisor and explained everything to him. He looked back at the account and said the solutions department is closed since it is Sunday and he doesn’t have the ability to do anything on the account as in credits. He instructed me to call back on Monday and ask for the solutions or downgrade department. I let him know if it does not get resolved I will be calling corporate and if that doesn’t correct the issue then I will cancel the agreement and I have enough notations to get out of the agreement without being charged any penalties.   

Each call last for approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour. It gets my blood pressure so elevated I end up with a migraine headache that last the rest of the day and at times into the next day. I have done my due diligence on trying to get customer service to fix this issue permanently so I don't have to go through this stress every month, but have not succeeded. I tried to email but the email account is no good. I want to speak with someone at the corporate office but the CS reps will not provide me with a number. 

Official Employee

Re: Resolution for 7 month old issue

DupreyJ, I am a corporate employee at headquarters. I would like to look into your data usage billing concerns and look into what was offered to you. Please send me a private message (Click ComcastKenF and then click Private Message Me) with your account address and full name for assistance.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Interesting, I've had a very similar experience. I was told that by upgrading to the gigabit internet that there would no longer be any charges for the data cap. Since i already have a real problem with being charged a data cap this seemed like an acceptable trade-off. However, what I was told hasn't happened and now I reach the data cap much sooner thanks to the faster speed. So I'm charged extra for faster speed and then charged more again for using it. I've submittet a complaint to the FCC, written my congressman and both of by state's senators. I've called and complained several times but still no resolution. I'm paying, and paying and paying. Nice to have a monopoly on service....

Expert

@1kcrfan wrote:

Interesting, I've had a very similar experience. I was told that by upgrading to the gigabit internet that there would no longer be any charges for the data cap. Since i already have a real problem with being charged a data cap this seemed like an acceptable trade-off. However, what I was told hasn't happened and now I reach the data cap much sooner thanks to the faster speed. So I'm charged extra for faster speed and then charged more again for using it. I've submittet a complaint to the FCC, written my congressman and both of by state's senators. I've called and complained several times but still no resolution. I'm paying, and paying and paying. Nice to have a monopoly on service....

In that case you will have to wait to hear from a Comcast rep [not from here] regarding your case.  We can no longer help you here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!