Community Forum

Request for a line drop and bury

New Poster

Request for a line drop and bury

We moved into a new home In July and were advised the week prior that we could "definitely" have our service transferred. Come the actual installation appointment a few days after moving in, that is not actually possible because there is no line running to our house. The underground line ends a few houses down the street from us.

The tech advised they opened a ticket and we should get a call in three days. We didn't receive a call, so we called and were advised no ticket was showing up. So, they opened one and advised we would receive a call with 48 hours. We did not, so we called back again and were advised we would get a call within 24 hours. That did not occur, so we called back, again.

This time they set up an appointment for installation a week from then and advised that the line would be buried by then so that they tech could install the line to our house. The tech came out and advised that no line had been installed.

That tech opened another ticket, and we were advised the next day that a line would be installed within 14 days. After 8 days, we hadn't seen any progress, so I contacted customer service and was advised the line drop was scheduled for this week. So, we contacted them today (8/23) asking for an update, and we were advised it wasn't scheduled at all.

At this point, we are extremely frustrated. Up until now, I had never had a poor experience with Comcast. But this situation has been beyond frustrating and I have little faith in this getting accomplished. At this point we have been working at this for a month, and we seem to be starting over every week and getting the same feedback on the status of the line being installed.

Please, can we have a firm update on when the line is to be installed?

New Poster

Re: Request for a line drop and bury

We are having the EXACT same problem. Line from the street has to cross a public sidewalk so they have attempted to schedule the line bury contractor 3 times to get it pre-buried (the xfinity techs can’t run a temporary line across a public sidewalk). It’s been 3 weeks and 2 tech visits (which we have been charged for) who have told us they can’t do anything until the line is buried. We have been told 5 separate times to expect a call for scheduling and we never get a call. Totally losing faith that this will ever happen.
Official Employee

Re: Request for a line drop and bury

Hello! I'd love to have the opportunity to take a look at this further with each of you. Thank you for taking the time to reach out here on the forums. 

To get started, can you please send us a PM with your first and last name? I appreciate it.

To send us a Private Message, please click “Comcast_Support” and click “Send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!