Community Forum

Request for Assistance - Gigabit Internet Deal

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Request for Assistance - Gigabit Internet Deal

I am trying to change internet service tier to Gigabit (1000/Mbps) and to take advantage of promo being offered in my area. I was told today via Xfiinity Chat (Dhviya) that she could not offer me the price of $89.99/month for 2 years becuase it was new customer only. She advise me to cancel my account and ask another family member to sign-up to get this pricing. I have been a customer for a very long time and always pay bill on time. Why do I need to jump through hoops to get this available offer? 

Kindly requesting assitance to switch to Gigabit internet and take advantage of this offer.

Note: I already have equipment (modem) that support this tier

Regards,

Michael

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Request for Assistance - Gigabit Internet Deal

@mcavallari wrote:

I am trying to change internet service tier to Gigabit (1000/Mbps) and to take advantage of promo being offered in my area. I was told today via Xfiinity Chat (Dhviya) that she could not offer me the price of $89.99/month for 2 years becuase it was new customer only. She advise me to cancel my account and ask another family member to sign-up to get this pricing. I have been a customer for a very long time and always pay bill on time. Why do I need to jump through hoops to get this available offer? 

Kindly requesting assitance to switch to Gigabit internet and take advantage of this offer.

Note: I already have equipment (modem) that support this tier

Regards,

Michael

Unfortunately you won't be able to get that offer since it is for new customers only as the rep mentioned.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

She told me I could get that deal if I cancel our current account and have another family signup effectively getting that deal for our home.  Which effectively amounts to "paperwork only" change. How is this a way to treat long time customer? 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Looking for a Comcast employee response with this issue.

Highlighted
Expert

@mcavallari wrote:

Looking for a Comcast employee response with this issue.

Your post has gone into a queue and will be answered in the order in which it was received.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

What is the number to reach the Comast/Xfinity customer retention department? Very dissapointed I could not get a response from an employee on this one. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Greetings, mcavallari! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize for the delay in response. I apologize to hear that chat agent was unable to get this set up for you. I would like to look into your account and see if we can get this resolved for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name for I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

I'm glad I was able to assist you, mcavallari. If you ever need further assistance don't hesitate to reach out to us.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.