Community Forum

Repeated daily service interruption

Highlighted
New Poster

Repeated daily service interruption

All of our Xfinity services have gone offline daily at noon until evening since Sunday, five days in a row at this point. No explanation has been given, no expectation that it will stop happening any time soon.

Internet service is critical to users who work from home part or full time (like myself), such an interruption is not just the inconvenience of losing Netflix or Hulu, but could hurt careers or cost jobs, and after nearly a week of prolonged service disruptions we have heard nothing.

The service status site indicates there may be scheduled maintenance in our area. If this is the case, how is prolonged, repeated daily service interruption considered acceptable planning? If this was planned to be so disruptive, advanced notice should have been sent. My workstation is a full tower with multiple monitors. It requires a desk, Ethernet connection, and multiple power outlets, I cannot just put it in my bag and carry it to Starbucks or Paneras.

I know unexpected things happen in public utility services, but that point was passed after the second day.
Official Employee

Re: Repeated daily service interruption

Hello Golelorne. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums and thank you for creating your first post. We certainly apologize for the inconvenience during service interruption. I can assist with reviewing your account and the status of maintenance and any pending network interruptions. Please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. To send me a private, message click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click "Send a message" and private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Repeated daily service interruption

Hi Golelorne. Since we didn't see a response from you, this thread has been locked. Please don't hesitate to send me a private message if you continue to need help with this issue, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else. Thank you.

As a reminder, you can check status of service interruptions in your area via our online service status tool: https://www.xfinity.com/support/status/

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!