Community Forum

Repeated copyright infringement claim

Regular Visitor

Repeated copyright infringement claim

I receive daily copyright infringement claims from Comcast.  The email is identical except for date and time.  It claims I downloaded a Pokemon emulator.  I have changed our password, checked the logins on our system, installed and run anti-virus programs on all devices.  There is no bitorrent, P2P or Pokemon software on any device.  Also, the IP address claimed to have made the violation is not my IP address.  It is assigned to someone else in another state.  I cannot get anyone at Xfinity to understand or address why I am linked to someone else's IP address for these claimed violations.  I have even sent Comcast a letter asking them to cease and desist.  No answer.  No call back even though they repeatedly tell me they will have a supervisor call me back.  The people I get on the phone just keeping reading me the script about DMCA.  They have now moved me to level 3 of a repeat violator.  I guess I will just have to cancel dealing with this incompetent, crooked bunch of jerks.  It is amazing that in the USA, we have to deal with a monopoly like this.  I do not know what I will do after I cancel.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.