Community Forum

Repeated Password Resets

Highlighted
New Poster

Repeated Password Resets

This is my third password change in two weeks; please PM me as to what you can do to fix it. I see lots of other customers complaining about these incessant demands from Xfinity to change their password.

I do not want to have two-step verification every time I log in to check my email either.

Thank you

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Repeated Password Resets

I'm having the same issue. I can't login without first resetting my password. It is frustrating and annoying. It really makes me feel like my account info is not safe at all. I wish everything felt more secure.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Repeated Password Resets

@cantrellm @peterkendall while it's understandably frustrating and annoying, it does indicate that something in our security algorithm is triggering the password reset in an attempt to secure your account. 

There is a possibility that the credentials or your device may in fact be compromised (and re-compromised), there are a variety of root causes associated with similar symptoms. We do highly recommend you have a strong password, enable Two-step verification, update your OS, determine if you've been part of a data breach. There's a great guide here and here by HowToGeek around this for those who aren't as familiar with how to secure your computer, and a very advanced guide on how to remove any viruses/trojans, etc. If you have spyware on your machine or device, whatever you change your password to will be recaptured and used by bad actors.

Two-step verification does secure your account as long as your contact points aren't compromised as well, and does not prompt you every time

We can't rule out false positives on this front and have reporting and have been analyzing those who have been recompromised. If you feel you have fully secured your digital life, PM me and we'll take a closer look with our cybersecurity partners.

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team and the Serviceability team at HQ.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!