Community Forum

Repeated Password Changes Have Been Required - What's Up With That?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Repeated Password Changes Have Been Required - What's Up With That?

It seems there's something going on with the internet/security process.  I've been required to change my password twice over the past three (or maybe four) days, now.  I just recently added Xfinity Mobile, and it seems this problem has just cropped up because of that.  Here are the issues I'm having:

#1: I do not want to have to keep changing my password.

#2: This is causing a major issue between my account and my Quicken Application Software, which I use to manage my bills.

#3:  I keep trying to set up Xfinity Mobile as an Online Biller in Quicken, but I keep getting an error stating my user id and password are incorrect.  This is NOT so.

Can someone look into this, help me understand what's going on, and also get it fixed?

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Repeated Password Changes Have Been Required - What's Up With That?

I am also having the same issue I can't tell if it's an Xfinity or a Quicken problem

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Seems to have calmed down, for now.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I am experincing this same issue also. I have been able to manage my monthly Xfinity bill in Quicken but know Quicken won't connect with my bank website and update my monthly bill. I have had to change my password twice now on Xfinity and also have two factor authentication setup and it still will not connect and update my Xfinity bill in Quicken. Multiple people seem to be having this same issue. When will it be fixed?

Highlighted
Expert

@NormRivers @KarenVierra @nunyafb 

I am going to bet that you all are using Quicken's new Bill Pay Manager, and maybe even just migrated over from the old Bill Pay.  If this is the case, this isn't a Comcast problem but a QBM problem and you need to get in touch with Quicken.

Quicken has a customer forum where you can ask questions about the problems that you're having with this.  So, try here, and hopefully they can help you sort out these problems.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your reply about this issue, however I have been using Quicken bill pay manager for about a 1 and  a 1/2 years now and have never had a problem until Comcast / Xfinity change to 2 factor identification. When I log in to Xfinity, Xfinity  now wants not only my username and password but it also wants an Xfinity code that is sent to my iPhone. So there is no way Quicken can access that code on my iPhone and enter it during the software attempt to log-in to Xfintiy and update my current bill. 

Is there a way to bypass the 2 factor authenication during this remote log-in? If not, how do I get rid of the 2 factor authentication to log in to Quicken manually and also remotely thru the Quicken software so that I can get back to my normal montly bill update for Xfinity thru Quicken?

Highlighted
Expert

@NormRivers wrote:

Thanks for your reply about this issue, however I have been using Quicken bill pay manager for about a 1 and  a 1/2 years now and have never had a problem until Comcast / Xfinity change to 2 factor identification. When I log in to Xfinity, Xfinity  now wants not only my username and password but it also wants an Xfinity code that is sent to my iPhone. So there is no way Quicken can access that code on my iPhone and enter it during the software attempt to log-in to Xfintiy and update my current bill. 

Is there a way to bypass the 2 factor authenication during this remote log-in? If not, how do I get rid of the 2 factor authentication to log in to Quicken manually and also remotely thru the Quicken software so that I can get back to my normal montly bill update for Xfinity thru Quicken?

You've been using Bill Pay; Bill Pay Manager was just released a few months ago, and Bill Pay will retire August 31st.

If you updated to Bill Pay Manager, you really should post over in Quicken's forum because their software upgrade is causing the problem you're experiencing and they need to be made aware of it so they can fix the problem.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Regardless of whether or not it is Bill Pay or Bill Pay Manager that I am using with Quicken, this seems to be a Comcast / Xfinity issue with their new two factor authentication. None of the other bills I update monthy using Quicken (there are several bills that I have Quicken update monthly) have had a problem updating or accessing account information. I also had to update my Xfinity password again today because of this issue because Xfinity website thinks that when Quicken tries to update my bill that someone has stolem my user login information and then it requires me to change my password. Pretty sure Xfinity needs to have someone in IT or customer service look into this issue and respond. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

@NormRivers @KarenVierra @nunyafb 

Hi all, a fix went out this weekend for this, let me know if you're still having issues.

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team and the Serviceability team at HQ.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thank you for the official xfinity response. Here is my new status since the update went out. 

When I try to update my xfinity bill in Quicken there is now an improvement but not a 100% fix. Quicken will now recognize and ask for the two-party authentication by allowing me to enter the code sent to my phone text message and that task is now successfull after I enter the text code. Quicken will add the bill to my upcoming list but as of yet it will not update to the latest bill from xfinty for my account balance. This is strange because I have received an email from xfinty with my new monthly bill amount but this won't sync across into Quicken. So it is an improverment ( at least it is not forcing me to update my password anymore) and at least the two softwares systems seem to be communicatiing, but the updated monthly balance and bill date is not syncing across the two platforms. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Also, for my two cents, I neither want nor need the two factor authentication with the text message redundency.  I keep a close eye on all of my accounts and my passwords are very strong and not easily hacked plus I change them every 3 to 6 monthes. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

@NormRivers  have you tried to remove the account and adding it back on? Sounds like you'll need to talk to Quicken to check with them if it doesn't work after this as it's no longer an identity-based issue.

Everyone here has the option of disabling two-step verification. We do recommend it because:

• If there's a data breach from any of the services you use, and you're within your 3-6 month window prior to your password change, you're compromised.
  • If any past compromised password is acquired, even after you change your password with a few number and capitalization changes, you're still succeptible to brute-force attacks using permutations of your compromised password.

Why risk it?

@NormRivers wrote:

Also, for my two cents, I neither want nor need the two factor authentication with the text message redundency.  I keep a close eye on all of my accounts and my passwords are very strong and not easily hacked plus I change them every 3 to 6 monthes. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team and the Serviceability team at HQ.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hello, 

Yes, that is what I did. I deleted the old xfinity bill reminder in Quicken and created a new one. The new xfintiy reminder synced within a few days and is now correct. 

Thank you for your help. 

Norm Rivers