Community Forum

Renewal Pricing - 45% increase!

Frequent Visitor

My Double Play contract will expire the end of this month, and the two-year contract renewal pricing will increase by at least 45%: from $40 per month to $130 (base price). It is unclear from the incomplete information on the offer page whether this rate includes the X1 DVR. In any event, this is an outrageous increase.

We've been customers for over 30 years, and our kids are strongly recommending that we cut the Comcast cord and use streaming services. This is certainly viable, as I'm technically quite able to do so. It's certainly more convenient to remain with Comcast, but it seems that current customers are punished financially for loyalty. If anyone knows of a fair deal for our plan, I'd appreciate it. If not, I guess we'll follow our kids' advice. Thanks very much for your replies.

Richard

Napa Valley, CA

Our Plan:

HD Digital Starter 140+ Channels

Performance Pro Internet Performance Pro Internet - $89.99

IP Streaming Included

Streampix (We never use this)

Regional Sports Fee - $5.00

Broadcast TV Fee - $7.00

Internet Modem Owned

DVR Service - $2.57

Taxes, Surcharges, and Fees - $5.18

TOTAL: $121.80

Frequent Visitor

Re: Renewal Pricing - 45% increase!

Whoops, that 45% increase should be from $90 to $130, a $40 increase.

Richard

Napa Valley, CA

Frequent Visitor

Re: Renewal Pricing - 45% increase!

[Corrected: see previous post]

My Double Play contract will expire the end of this month, and the two-year contract renewal pricing will increase by at least 45%: from $90 per month to $130 (base price). It is unclear from the incomplete information on the offer page whether this rate includes the X1 DVR. In any event, this is an outrageous increase.

We've been customers for over 30 years, and our kids are strongly recommending that we cut the Comcast cord and use streaming services. This is certainly viable, as I'm technically quite able to do so. It's certainly more convenient to remain with Comcast, but it seems that current customers are punished financially for loyalty. If anyone knows of a fair deal for our plan, I'd appreciate it. If not, I guess we'll follow our kids' advice. Thanks very much for your replies.

Richard

Napa Valley, CA

Our Plan:

HD Digital Starter 140+ Channels

Performance Pro Internet Performance Pro Internet - $89.99

IP Streaming Included

Streampix (We never use this)

Regional Sports Fee - $5.00

Broadcast TV Fee - $7.00

Internet Modem Owned

DVR Service - $2.57

Taxes, Surcharges, and Fees - $5.18