Community Forum

Renew services

New Poster

Renew services

I have been a comcast customer for 9 years now and for the most part love the service. My only issue is the same issue I have every year my bill continues to go up each year. When I started I paid only 89.00 for internet and every channel on cable, 9 years later I was paying 179.00 for cable and internet. Last month I cancelled cable and went to just internet, now I use sling tv to stream. I have 2 adults and 4 kids in my house the kids miss how easy comcast was to navigate and use and always ask for me to get cable back. I am willing to do it if the price is right but refuse to pay 179 each month for internet cable and phone (which I have never used once and don't even have it hooked up). I was told to comment on this form and you guys could possibly work out a deal. I know a co worker of mine (that lives 10 miles from me) has internet and cable for 89.00 which I have called several times before cancelling cable to get that deal and was told each time no it is for new customers and explained several time he isn't a new customer but he has it. I've seen his bill and offer to send a copy in but was told they wouldnt look at it. Also he has more then just your basic channels with it, was told that is not true or possible and I was lying. When I was sitting there staring at his bill. I under stand comcast needs to make money but I have 4 kids in my house 2 are mine and 2 we recently got guardianship over so money is extremely tight right now and the $179 I was paying was not at all in the budget. If there is anything comcast can do to help I would appreciate it. If not I will continue to use sling tv and hulu (which I get free with sprint)