Community Forum

Renew Service

Regular Visitor

Renew Service

Hi, my contract is expiring soon and I would like to know if there are any deals for existing customers for TV and internet since my bill will increase by $60 per month soon. I would like to stay with Comcast but Directv is offering some unbeatable deals. Please advise if this is possible.

Official Employee

Re: Renew Service

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

New Poster

I am in a similar situation currently. In fact, my bill will be increasing about 30 dollars a month if I decide to stay with Comcast. I doubt I will since it is a 33% jump in price, which is ridiculous, in my opinion. As I am an established customer who has always paid my bill on time, I would hope that Comcast would be willing to work with me, but other forums have led me to believe that isn't usually the case. 

Were you able to get anywhere? Did they allow you to negotiate a better price for your current level of service?

Regular Visitor

No, basically I was told there are no deals for me and really did not really care that I would be switching to Directv. So that is what I will probably do. The dish is still on my roof and will have no problem changing my service.

New Poster

Thanks for the reply.

I'm sorry to hear that they refused to work with you, though I am not at all surprised. Typical Comcast "customer service". A couple of years ago, when they raised their prices on a relative of mine unexpectedly, he threatened to switch to Dish. When he made the threat, the customer service rep he was on the phone with offered to transfer him to Dish personally, as a courtesy.

I suppose this is what we get when when cable companies are served up a monopoly by our government. We will have to keep playing this game until things finally change, assuming they ever do. If things do change, hopefully customers will remember the way Comcast treated them and avoid them when more options become available.

I had Wide Open West for years and never had a problem. They had great customer service; polite, competent and generally helpful. If I could go back to them right now, I would. 

Good luck with DirecTV.

Regular Visitor

Thanks DoctorWhom, but I already know that Directv will do the same thing. I was a customer of theirs for 12 years and when I told them about the great deals from Comcast they just let me cancel. No deals for current customers. I think they all play the same game because they know you will be back in 2 years. I might just pull the plug on all of them and have no cable or sattelite for a while. I have an antenna on my roof and would still get plenty of channels for free.

Have a good one and I hope you get some kind of deal.

Official Employee

Hello all, unfortunately most companies do this. You are able to enjoy services at a discounted rate at first. Keep in mind if you are disconnected for 6 months we would have a new customer deal.