Community Forum

Removing hard pull from credit file

Frequent Visitor

Removing hard pull from credit file

When I got my Comcast services I was told there would only be a soft pull, but after looking at my report on credit karma a hard pull was taken on my credit file. After looking at a few forum posts it appears this situation has occurred to a multitude of people so I'd like to contact a Comcast employee who could direct me to the right place. I contacted Equifax and was told to contact Comcast. I can provide the last 4 of my social, full name, address and date of the inquiry.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Removing hard pull from credit file

Should I send a private message to one of the comcast employees who frequent this forum or should I try to call comcast and see what they can do on the phone?  I'm just looking for what direction I should be going with this. 

Frequent Visitor

forums.xfinity.com/t5/customer-service/how-to-remove-the-comcast-hard-inquiry/td-p/2565723

In the link provided several customers were helped with the same issue I'm having.  I know that was back in 2015, but is it possible for a comcast employee to help me with this at all?

Official Employee

Hi Jomyron, I have responded to your private message.

Thank you

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your response here. I responded to the private message.

Official Employee

Hi Jomyron,  thank you for working with me via private message. If there is anything else I could assist with please let me know.

Thank you