Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Removing address from old account

Regular Visitor

Removing address from old account

Hello,
I need some assistance to remove an address from my account. We have cancelled service and no longer have active service yet the address is still showing on the account. How can I get this address removed from me account?

Accepted Solutions
Regular Visitor

Re: Removing address from old account

Since most people do not update their post with their resolution let me tell you what the conclusion of this post.

After you cancel your account it takes about 15 days or so for the address to be disconnected from the account. If it is not you need to get a hold of a CSR to make sure they remove your address from the account you used to sign up. They also told me it can take up to an additoinal 15 days after the address has been disconnected from the account. So in my case the new tenant of the house that was being rented need the address removed from my account so they could sign up for service and not have to have professional installation done because they were not seeing the free install kit. Hoepfully this is helpful for someone in the future after this thread probably gets closed.

All Replies
Official Employee

Hi 09gsxr, 

I can review this for you. Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Regular Visitor

Hello,
I have sent you the needed information in a PM. Thank you
Official Employee

Hi 09gsxr!

Sorry for my late reply. I've replied to your private message. Please reply at your convenience so we can have your accounts unlinked. Chat with you soon! 

Regular Visitor

Since most people do not update their post with their resolution let me tell you what the conclusion of this post.

After you cancel your account it takes about 15 days or so for the address to be disconnected from the account. If it is not you need to get a hold of a CSR to make sure they remove your address from the account you used to sign up. They also told me it can take up to an additoinal 15 days after the address has been disconnected from the account. So in my case the new tenant of the house that was being rented need the address removed from my account so they could sign up for service and not have to have professional installation done because they were not seeing the free install kit. Hoepfully this is helpful for someone in the future after this thread probably gets closed.