Community Forum

Remove old router from account

Regular Visitor

Remove old router from account

I recently replaced my personal modem and activated it with xfinity.  My old modem is still on my account & my account keeps dropping the new modem.  How do I delete the old modem?

Expert

Re: Remove old router from account

A Comcast employee can fix that or you can call Comcast and instruct them that the old modem should be removed from the account.
Expert

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Hello, I can assist you further from here if you would like. Would you mind if I look at your account?

Regular Visitor

Yes please look @my açcount ComcastShane.  I need to delete the older docsis 2 modem.

Admin1

armorcav98 -- Please send ComcastShane a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. He will also need the MAC address of the modem that needs to be removed. 

Regular Visitor

I would like to send a private message, but when I click on the send message link, I get a blank page.  I have tried 2 different computers as well as multiple browsers.

Regular Visitor

After searching the forum for help- it appears that private messaging is disabled for "new forum users."  I guess I fit that definition, so I have no ability to send a PM for further assistance.