Community Forum

Remove old modem from account

New Poster

Remove old modem from account

I have an old cable modem which is no longer in use. I would like to have it removed from the account so it can be used on a different account. I can provide mac address, etc. as needed. I tried a customer support chat and was told I must visit the local office *in person* to have the modem removed. This is a modem I own, not Comcast equipment so I find that hard to believe. And it's 6 degrees F outside right now, so I'm really hoping to avoid going out this weekend! Thanks for any help.

New Poster

Re: Remove old modem from account

You misunderstand. I'm not being charged for anything. The modem is personal equipment and hasn't been active on the account for weeks. However it is still associated with my account with prevents it from being activated on someone else's account. I just want that association removed so it can be activated for someone else.

Official Employee

Re: Remove old modem from account

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.