Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Remove old modem from account

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Remove old modem from account

Ok, I have searched everywhere and not found a reliable solution yet. I had my own personal modem, a SB6141 and recently upgraded to a SB6191. I sold the SB6141 modem, thinking that when the new owner activated it on their account it would be removed from mine...not the case. Now, when I log in to my account, I can see both the SB6141 and SB6191 modems, and both modems data usage are being counted towards my monthly data usage. I have tried chatting multiple times, but the rep can't seem to understand my issue. They think I am being charged the monthly modem rental fee when I have my own modem, which is not the case. I am simply trying to find a way to remove the old modem from my account so it stops racking up data usage that I am not actually using.

Does anybody have any solution for this? I have searched countless forums trying to figure it out, but it all keeps going back to "I called Comcast for a year and they never resolved it, so I just lived with it.", which is not what I want to do, especially now that I have a data limit on my account that I will be paying for since I now have 2 modems contributing to it.

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: Remove old modem from account

Hi Sincerelyme, thank you for the reply. I have responded to your private message.

Thank you

All Replies
Expert

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply soon.

"Keepin' it clean since '09" --I am not a Comcast employee.
Official Employee

Hi sincerelyme, I apologize for your experiences with the old  modem still on your account.  I will send you a private message to further assist in researching this issue.

Thank you

Official Employee

Hi Sincerelyme, thank you for the reply. I have responded to your private message.

Thank you

Official Employee

Hi Sincerelyme, thank you for working with me via private message and glad I was able to correct this on my side for you.  If you have any questions or concerns in the future please let me know.

Thank you

Frequent Visitor

Hello:
I exchanged my old Gateway for an updated xFi compatible dual band model. However, the Xfinity App still shows the old Gateway with an ‘unconnected’ status.

I cannot find any way to remove this device. Can a Comcast employee provide any guidance or a solution?
Official Employee

Hello @schacht_w

I have responded to your duplicate post about this located: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Remove-old-returned-gateway-from-account/m-p/3046795#M...

Please refrain from creating duplicate posts about the same topic, as doing so is a violation of Comcast Forum Guidelines.