Community Forum

Removal of Comcast wires from street to my house

New Poster

Removal of Comcast wires from street to my house

Hello,

I have contacted Comcast via phone numerous times to report that the unused Comcast wire that runs from the utility pole to my house should be removed since I will never use it and since it presents a safety hazard since it is hanging so low across the street that I'm afraid a tall truck is going to pass under it and snag it. I have also called 311 to report the hazardous wire; they said they would contact Comcast too.  This has been months since those calls and the wire is still there.

We are not Comcast customers and have no intention of becoming Comcast customers, so this cable serves no purpose; worse yet, it presents a safety hazard.  It needs to be removed as soon as possible.

Please advise.
Official Employee

Re: Removal of Comcast wires from street to my house

Hi aguyinsf. We welcome you to the Xfinity Forums and thank you for creating your first post. I can assist with alerting our Tech Ops team to the Aerial Drop Line that needs to be raised or removed. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. To send me a private, message click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click "Send a message" and private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

<post deleted>

Highlighted
New Poster

done.  Thank you.

Official Employee

Hello aguyinsf. Thank you for private messaging me. Due to elapsed time with no private message response from you, this thread has been locked. If you still need assistance with the matter, feel free to respond via private message or create a new post and our team would be more than happy to help you again. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!