Community Forum

Reinstate old service

Highlighted
New Poster

Reinstate old service

My parents temporarily downgraded their service last month temporarily. Now when I am trying to reinstate, the cost has gone up dramatically. We were not told that they would have to now be on a new plan and not their original plan. VERY difficult to work with customer service. On hold for a supervisor for a LONG time. Can someone please tell me how to reinstate without having to go to a new plan.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Reinstate old service

@js1013 wrote:

My parents temporarily downgraded their service last month temporarily. Now when I am trying to reinstate, the cost has gone up dramatically. We were not told that they would have to now be on a new plan and not their original plan. VERY difficult to work with customer service. On hold for a supervisor for a LONG time. Can someone please tell me how to reinstate without having to go to a new plan.

Plans don't last forever, so when they downgraded their plan that was taylored for them at that time, it no longer exists; it existed only as long as they had it.  That means you'll [or they will] have to "shop"/negotiate for a new plan that fits their budget.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!