Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Refusing refund after given ticket number for refund

New Poster

Refusing refund after given ticket number for refund

My husband had tried to make a payment on our past due amount which was returned for insufficient funds. We ended up paying the past due amount a few days later which did go through. The following week, we were retried for the original payment which left our bank account in the negative. I contacted Comcast, asking for a refund since we were not expecting to make another payment until the next due date which I was told they would do. I was given a ticket number and told to give it 5-7 days at the most. Today we received a phone call asking to call them back to confirm the refund and when we called, was told the refund could not be done because we are past due, even though we paid the past due amount already and the current balance is not due yet.
This has completely turned our life upside down considering we did not have this extra charge planned out in our bills. Has anyone else experienced refund problems with Comcast before and does anyone have any advice on how to get our money back?
Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Refusing refund after given ticket number for refund

Hi, Beffmann - I'm sorry for this experience but we will process the refund only if the customer has a negative balance on the account. Did you contact your bank? I can definitely check the ticket details to make sure you got the correct information. Please send me your full name, address, and a phone number associated with the account. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me. Thank you!