Community Forum

Refunds Are Held

New Poster

Refunds Are Held

I've been having an extremely frustrating experience trying to get my money back from Comcast. Returned all equipment on July 10, then received a bill in the middle of my move. I paid it, but later Comcast noted on my closing blll that I have a credit of $250. I waited until the end of July to see if I would receive it in the mail. When I called, I was told that it had been processed and I would receive it in a few weeks(!) So, then I waited until mid-August to call again and see if it was on it's way. No, it wasn't and I was able to give them my new address, which I was told during my previous call they didn't need because it would be forwarded to me from my old address to my new one--which it would have been. So, that's two strikes. Yesterday, I called a third time and was told that it hadn't been processed (and they didn't know why). I was told that it was NOW definitely going to be processed and I would receive it in 2-3 weeks. I had to ask that they send it immediately because I've already over 2 months and have apparently been lied to and misled. I spoke to a supervisor named Marge who assured me it would be sent today and I would receive it by next week. I then wrote to Comcast's president's office. They said they would answer my email in 24 hours. Well, I didn't receive a reply today or yesterday, so I guess Tom's staff is either overwhelmed or can be of no help to me. No one at this company seems to know what the heck is going on. All I'm asking for is what I am owed--just like Comcast asked of me for over 30 years.  I guess my next step is a Seattle news station and also the FTC. I have seriously never had this problem with any other company--in any country.

Expert

Re: Refunds Are Held

@jpclevenger 

Make sure you have put in a change of address with the Post Office.

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy. You can read about our PM Policy here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Greetings, jpclevenger! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. We certainly apologize for the experience you have had with trying to get this refund. We certainly want to turn this situation around for you and make sure you're getting that refund. Can you please send us a PM with your first and last name so we may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click the name "Comcast_Support" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I understand your pain, they are a RIP off..... as well as a monopoly because where I live I can only have Comcast but I made a payment arrangement for them to secure and turn back on my services and then made the other payment arrangement 4/9 days later they turned my service is off before they drafted my money for my services so I went ahead and paid the balance to restore service and they still took the arrangement and I understand it wasn't Arrangement but if you notated in my account that you put me on a payment plan why would you turn off my service is knowing that there was a payment coming off so now they taking money I need it for a copay for my surgery thank you