Community Forum

Refund 10 years

New Poster

Refund 10 years

I have been a Comcast costomer since Jan 28 2008. I signed for basic cable, which was $46.00 a month with a cable box, however I never recieved a cable box and since January 2008 until six months ago my cable had increast to, $76.00 a month which i paid every months. Sis months ago we had cable problems in my area so i requested a technician come out for repair and he realized that i never had a cable box, and my cable cost should have been, $24.36 since Jan 2008 and at present time my Comcast cable is, $24.36 since June 2018.. At the present time my cable is $24.36 for the same service i was geting in 2008 for $76.00 monthly. I have been infroming tech support for many years that i never had a cable box, my cable is from the pole direct to my house and on a repair in June a tech realized i never had a box and reduced my cable to $24.36 monthly. Many times i infromed Comcast I had no box, however, if I refuse to pay the amount due each month, my service would be discontinued. Standing by for refund.

Our cable was out in my area for five days and we wer credited $4.00 refund, is that fair? 

Expert

Re: Refund 10 years

You have 120 days to dispute your bill. So unless those charges happened in the last four months, you will not be issued a refund. And even then, it would only go back four months. They are not going to give you ten years worth of refunds.  Also, $25/30days = less than a dollar a day for service. Credits are pro-rated so you would get about $1 a day for service interruptions. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Refund 10 years

Hello flyblye, thanks for reaching out regarding this equipment/billing concern! @Nerdburg is correct and I would be more than happy to review your account on my end. In order to do so, please send me a Private Message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!