Community Forum

Recieved an email saying I placed cancellation request, I never did (and still need internet)

Highlighted
New Poster

Recieved an email saying I placed cancellation request, I never did (and still need internet)

Hello, I recieved an email 4 days ago saying "We received your cancellation request, and we're on it. In the meantime, you can view your cancellation details below."

I did NOT request cancellation, and neither did the other person in my household. No one but me has access to my account. Is there actually a cancellation order on my account? Can it be reversed?

Thanks

Expert

Re: Recieved an email saying I placed cancellation request, I never did (and still need internet)

I have escalated your concern to a Comcast Employee for further assistance for this concern.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Recieved an email saying I placed cancellation request, I never did (and still need internet)

Hi, colospgs. Sorry for the trouble/confusion. We can definitely check your account and make sure there isn't any pending cancellation. 

Please send me a private message with your first and last name and I will take a look. To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I just got the same email today about "my cancellation request". I didn't make such a request.

Perhaps this is a scam?

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

If you check your email with Comcast's Xfinity Connect webmail  (https://connect.xfinity.com/), look for the XFINITY Verified Email logo next to any message that claims to be from Comcast/Xfinity. See https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/comcast-verified-email. If the logo is missing when you view the message in webmail, the message is not from Comcast.

Unfortunately, AFAIK the logo is not present when you view one of their emails in email apps or programs, not even Comcat's own email app. It's only visible when you use their web email site.

Highlighted
New Poster

There actually is an xfinity verified logo in the inbox next to the subject "We received your cancellation request". So that needs to be corrected. Interestingly, the email said that it would be cancelled on June 15, but it didn't happen after all. I don't know what's going on.