Community Forum

Recently updated plan turned into Nightmare

Highlighted
New Poster

Recently updated plan turned into Nightmare

So recently I upgraded my internet plan from 200mbs/sec and cable service (which other than not reaching the speeds I was paying for ran smoothly beforehand) to 600mbs/sec and a similar cable plan for $10 more. When I did so I traded in my old modem (same model) for a new one. Since then my internet is very intermittent. It'll go in and out for a solid day, then have close to a week of smooth service (not getting anywhere close to the speeds im paying for but atleast working), but then the next time I have to reset the modem the nightmare starts over again. Before quarantine I had a service tech come out, and all he really did was supply a new cable to go from my wall to my modem and splice it for my cable box too. He also checked the line coming into the house from the pole in the neighbors yard.. so I'd assume with all that the internet should be fine.. but no the nightmare reoccurs every time I need to reset the modem. I take all of the required steps and procedures before I just leave it for the night and level itself out. After dealing with this for a few months I've came to the idea that perhaps the modem I have is faulty, and tried contacting xfinity to merely ask if I can swap out the modem for another to fix the problem but after doing the power cycle, having the automated system reset my modem, and even hard resetting my modem the automated system refuses to let me connect to a cs rep after trying to troubleshoot this for the past few hours. Does anyone know if my nearest comcast store would be willing to swap out the modem if I just walk in there, explain the situation, and ask to do so?