Community Forum

Receiving many calls that I believe to be Spam from Comcast

Regular Visitor

Receiving many calls that I believe to be Spam from Comcast

The past couple weeks I have been getting many daily calls from  this number (800) 266-2278 and gives them to be from Comcast Service in U.S.  First I must mention that the Atlanta Service number

used to be (404) 266-2278 which is almost like this number.  Anyway most of the callers hung up but the few who I talked to said that it was about problems with my e-mail. Said something about foreign people using my e-mail and internet in saome way. Asked if I gave my password out to people outside the country, I said NEVER.  I also called customer service and asked about whether this was a real call and what was it about.  She really didn't understand what I was talking about.  I would like it verified if  this is a spoofed number.  Thank you for clarification.

Official Employee

Re: Receiving many calls that I believe to be Spam from Comcast

Hi mysticlady56. I can look into your account. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

I am glad we could get this issue resolved for you. If you ever have any other questions, please reach out to us on the forums! Thank you for being apart of the community! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Received a very similar call today from 1-800-934-6489, a foreign sounding voice that was difficult to understand, saying they were a rep from Comcast and there was a security issue with my Comcast account  (internet) and would I go to my computer and they would assist me with the security issue.  I said there was no problem, I would not go to my computer and please remove my name and number from their call list.  They hung up.

Expert

@arnold037 wrote:

Received a very similar call today from 1-800-934-6489, a foreign sounding voice that was difficult to understand, saying they were a rep from Comcast and there was a security issue with my Comcast account  (internet) and would I go to my computer and they would assist me with the security issue.  I said there was no problem, I would not go to my computer and please remove my name and number from their call list.  They hung up.

1-800-934-6489 = 1-800-xfinity  It is a legitimate phone number from Comcast/Xfinity.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Bronze Problem Solver

Hello arnold037, I completely understand your concern about this issue. That number is ours, I would be happy to check your account from here if you would like. I can see if there is indeed an issue. Please send me a private message verifying your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement. To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Hi,

The phone numbers that you see on your caller ID are faked all the time.

I keep getting calls from 916-830-5610, which is an Apple store in the Sacramento.  Go ahead and google the number.  If you call that number, you'll get a recording warning you that spammers are faking their number, and just hang up.

Bronze Problem Solver

It is unfortunate that spammers are using these numbers. Keep in mind, we won't call you and ask for your information, so you definitely did the right thing. 

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!