Community Forum

Received replacement DVR - it has loud and constant fan noise

Highlighted
New Poster

Received replacement DVR - it has loud and constant fan noise

Hi there.  Yesterday we received a replacement DVR for our home setup from you.  Our previous DVR was a couple years old according to the tech rep I chatted with.  We upgraded to the new xFi 1GB internet with unlimited data, and they also sent us a new DVR because our old one was performing slowly and was old anyway.

This "new" DVR they just sent us, model #PX013ANM, has a loud and constant fan noise.  Even when I push the power button to turn the box off, the fan continues.  And, the box is pretty hot to the touch.  It has plenty of space around it, so there is no reason this fan should continuously run and the box should not heat up.  Especially when I turn the darn power off, the fan should also turn off, but it keeps running.

Please stop sending me old refurbished DVRs, while telling me you are sending me a new one.  

According to MANY posts on this forum about this same model #PX013ANM that we just got from you, it is an old unit and has fan problems.  Why did you send this old unit to me?

Please respond and let me know how I can get an actual NEW DVR box that doesn't have a constantly running noisy fan.  Even our previous DVR box that we had for years before we switched it out yesterday with this new junky one did not have this constantly running fan.  

Please let me know what we need to do to resolve this.

Thanks!

-=Jeff Glazier

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Received replacement DVR - it has loud and constant fan noise

@jglaziers wrote:

Hi there.  Yesterday we received a replacement DVR for our home setup from you.  Our previous DVR was a couple years old according to the tech rep I chatted with.  We upgraded to the new xFi 1GB internet with unlimited data, and they also sent us a new DVR because our old one was performing slowly and was old anyway.

This "new" DVR they just sent us, model #PX013ANM, has a loud and constant fan noise.  Even when I push the power button to turn the box off, the fan continues.  And, the box is pretty hot to the touch.  It has plenty of space around it, so there is no reason this fan should continuously run and the box should not heat up.  Especially when I turn the darn power off, the fan should also turn off, but it keeps running.

Please stop sending me old refurbished DVRs, while telling me you are sending me a new one.  

According to MANY posts on this forum about this same model #PX013ANM that we just got from you, it is an old unit and has fan problems.  Why did you send this old unit to me?

Please respond and let me know how I can get an actual NEW DVR box that doesn't have a constantly running noisy fan.  Even our previous DVR box that we had for years before we switched it out yesterday with this new junky one did not have this constantly running fan.  

Please let me know what we need to do to resolve this.

Thanks!

-=Jeff Glazier

the xi3 is a companion device, not a DVR. the latest model of home DVR is an xg1v4. the front is wider on the top side and narrower on the bottom side and has one green LED on the front-bottom-middle of the front panel (no clock).  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!