Community Forum

Received an email saying "We received your cancellation request" but I didn't cancel it

Highlighted
New Poster

Received an email saying "We received your cancellation request" but I didn't cancel it

I received an email saying "We received your cancellation request" but I didn't make the cancellation request. Could someone help me cancel the cancellation? I don't want to lose my internet 😞

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Received an email saying "We received your cancellation request" but I didn't cancel i

@hjuscfb wrote:

I received an email saying "We received your cancellation request" but I didn't make the cancellation request. Could someone help me cancel the cancellation? I don't want to lose my internet 😞

That looks like a typical e-mail scan to get you to give them personal information. If everything is working normally for you, just ignore it.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Received an email saying "We received your cancellation request" but I didn't cancel i

@hjuscfb wrote: I received an email saying "We received your cancellation request" ...

If you check your email with Comcast's Xfinity Connect webmail, look for the XFINITY Verified Email logo next to any message that claims to be from Comcast/Xfinity (see https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/comcast-verified-email). If the message is genuine you'll need to have a Comcast rep cancel the cancellation.

If @ComcastCSAEmail , @ComcastTeds or another employee doesn't reply to your message here, Comcast Security Assurance might be able to help. You can reach them at 1-888-565-4329 (from https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers.

The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful, so you may need to be persistent and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

See https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Email-saying-quot-we-have-received-your-cancellation-... for a similar situation.

Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks for the reply! The email is from online.communications@alerts.comcast.net so the email seems genuine. I suspect it was because my previous payment method expired last month (which I have updated).

Is there any Comcast rep here on this forum that could help me check if there's an ongoing cancellation on my account and if so, help me cancel the cancellation? Thanks!

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

@hjuscfb wrote: ... The email is from online.communications@alerts.comcast.net so the email seems genuine. ...

That "From:" address looks valid, but it's easy for scammers to forge those, so an address that looks valid may not be. The XFINITY Verified Email logo seen when you use Xfinity Connect webmail is the only simple way I know of to test the authenticity of an email that claims to be from Comcast/Xfinity. Asking Comcast reps is better than nothing, but their reply to a "is this message really from Comcast?" question tends to be unreliable. You can get a reliable answer here in the Forums if an employee responds, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Good luck!

Highlighted
New Poster

I received this email and when I checked it on webmail it had that authenticated logo. So the email is legit. It had my older address though. I haven’t lived there since 2018. I don’t understand what’s going on and representatives are not very helpful.
Highlighted
Expert

@solat319 wrote:
I received this email and when I checked it on webmail it had that authenticated logo. So the email is legit. It had my older address though. I haven’t lived there since 2018. I don’t understand what’s going on and representatives are not very helpful.

If you have not seen any billing from that account, and no current problems, just ignore it. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!