Community Forum

Received a replacement for my XG1-A and received XG1-P. I still have constant loud fan noise.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Received a replacement for my XG1-A and received XG1-P. I still have constant loud fan noise.

Hi,

I had an XG1-A cablebox. I called in about loud fan noise and or hard drive type noise.

Received my replacement yesterday. It is a XG1-P and also has constant lound fan noise.

I read this post and apparently there is newer cable box that may not be as loud.

see this post. Would it be possibe to get this one shipped to me to replace the replacement i have now?

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-DVR-Fan-Noise/td-p/3236755#

thanks

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Received a replacement for my XG1-A and received XG1-P. I still have constant loud fan noise.

@pponcedeleon wrote:

Hi,

I had an XG1-A cablebox. I called in about loud fan noise and or hard drive type noise.

Received my replacement yesterday. It is a XG1-P and also has constant lound fan noise.

I read this post and apparently there is newer cable box that may not be as loud.

see this post. Would it be possibe to get this one shipped to me to replace the replacement i have now?

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-DVR-Fan-Noise/td-p/3236755#

thanks

that is the oldest DVR model ony 5 tuners and many known issues. ask for a 4k DVR (Xg1v4). has no clock, smaller, and 4k capable wtih 6 tuners.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Received a replacement for my XG1-A and received XG1-P. I still have constant loud fan noise.

Thanks I'll try and give that a go.

Will ask for it specifically.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @pponcedeleon

@CCAndrew is right. I can ship a newer model DVR. Can you please send me a private message with your first and last name as it appears on your account? To send a private message, click on "ComcastChe" and then click "send a message." 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the reply. I'll pm you for some help.  I tried to get a second replacement and requested the latest model (provided the model number) but was sent the same exact one i had with the same loud fan noise.

Would appreciate it if you could get me the right one delivered!

thanks!