Community Forum

Ready to cancel my service after 27 years with Comcast.

New Poster

Ready to cancel my service after 27 years with Comcast.

I have had the worst experience recently and I am ready to cancel all services with Xfinity. I had 2 recent home visits to fix a problem with my tv box. The box kept restarting and failing to work. I was told I should upgrade to X1 since I was a long time customer. In the interim, he updated the box to HD service. The box still fails to work and continues to restart for hours. I had a 2nd visit from a technician who said it was a cable wire issue. He replaced the wire which was split with my Internet. Now I have a broken cable connection AND Internet connection. Plus, the technician failed to bring the new X1 boxes on this visit so I have to wait an additional week to get an upgrade. I am very disappointed in the customer service provided in person and on the phone. I am starting to look at new providers as we speak.
Official Employee

Re: Ready to cancel my service after 27 years with Comcast.

Hello Anon112282. I can assist with getting another tech visit scheduled, so we can get your service repaired and in working order. Please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: Ready to cancel my service after 27 years with Comcast.

Thank you for your response. I'm happy to say that I finally received excellent service from the recent technician that came to visit my home.  He was very thorough. He took the time to check the lines in my home and replace those that were very old with a weak signal. He installed the X1 boxes and was very polite and meticulous in his work. Unfortunately, he could not activate the boxes on the same day. This was disappointing to say the least. But, I was most impressed when his supervisor called to confirm that the boxes were working the following day.  Overall, I am happy with the service after a few days. I hope it works reliably.

CAnderson