Community Forum

Re: thinking about upgrading to gigabit service

Frequent Visitor

My internet worked perfectly fine before "upgrading" to gigabit. Now its a complete mess, latency issues and packetloss and im Ethernet connected, wireless drops from my phones and just now the cable TV crapped out because "No Internet connection" Even though I am online typing this.....(Error code RD-03033).  Everything has been replaced cable wise and connection wise and a Tech ran a new line from the pole to my house, still nothing but problems. Im breaking this contract early to avoid another 1.5 years of this "Entertainment Experiece" as Comcast puts it. 

Upstream/Downstream

https://imgur.com/Q6ZLfXK

Pingplotter to Google servers. 

https://imgur.com/za5BXST

Highlighted
Contributor

thats what i am afriad of, for 25 years i have had no problems, i can get the triple play with gigabit speeds for less then i pay now, i dont care that much about speed, i want reliablity like i have now

Frequent Visitor

I would gladly give up this "gigabit" speed and go back to my old reliable 250Mb blast package if I knew everything would be reliable again. Who cares how fast I can download a game if the network I try to play it on is a mess. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Low Upload Speeds/High Packet Loss

Same here, Xfinity Gigabit service ,East Coast. I have had nothing but packet loss and latency issues since April, 1.5 months after install. Theres nothing wrong with my own equipment, cable or connectors...all new. A tech ran a new cable line from the pole to the house, improved nothing. I  am the only one on this cable line, 1 splitter for modem and TV. There is a huge problem with Comcasts network and they're not admitting it. Good thing RCN is availible in my are in a few months. Comcast has until then and if its still garbage I will be switching ISP.