Community Forum

Re: how does one actually get support?

Highlighted
New Poster

Trying to work from home but Zoom / Google Meet calls are so choppy the other participants can't understand me, large data transfers (not kilobytes or megabytes, but let's say 100-500 MB files) are interrupted with messages like "the connection was forcibly closed by the remote host", and I can't keep a ssh connection to an AWS server open for more than a few minutes at a time without it also being closed.

All the while, literally while this is happening to me, the other people in the house can be completely fine. Spotify streaming uninterrupted, Netflix on the smart TV in the other room, somebody gaming on a PC. It's not like everyone disconnects for the same window of time. And, the "cable" TV and DVR service is always fine, no matter what is going on with the IP traffic.

Standard troubleshooting on the phone or chat support ALWAYS insists on rebooting the router which NEVER has any effect. Also it's a brand new router. I walked to the nearest Comcast XFinity store and swapped it myself about a month or so ago. 10 days ago a technician was sent to my house, who said "I can't do anything for you here. We see a pattern of this in your area and there is a backend engineering ticket open for it, I will escalate your case to that ticket.". I called to follow up on that engineering ticket today, and of course nobody knows anything about any engineering ticket -- I guess that was probably a lie -- and it makes sense if technicians are measured on how quickly they complete the list of house visits on their call sheet every day.

So now it's been 75 minutes since the router was reset and there's no followup or confirmation from the automated system. I can't call back because the automated system will either say "the agent can't help you until the router reset is complete" or "I see we need to reset your router, which will take 10 minutes during which time you'll lose internet".

Highlighted
New Poster

I have gotten support by going through a ridiculous amount of screens and think I found it on accident.The support I got was useless.Try the 1-800 number or chat is best as you can not understand the phone reps.