Community Forum

Re: gigabit pro availability

Contributor

Comcast Team -

Can you assist?  I called and was submmited to a "Sales Tracker" for Gig Pro, and got a call to discuss from Gabe who left a message.  I called back, but it said he was not available and the person who answered told me it was not available.  When I questioned why, she said she did not know and I had to talk to Gabe.  I called him a couple times Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Today, and it always says he is not available.  I assume it is because he is calling out to other customers, but I would like to understand further as from everything I have read, in the Atlanta Metro, if you are within 1/3 mile of the fiber network, you should be able to get it.

My problem is that my entire neighborhood is underground Coax.  The kicker is that the easment on the back of my property has arieal Comcast Fiber running along it for the neighborhood behind us.  I know this because when we bought the property, we had the maintinance team close out a ticket 4 times before I caught them at the street when the line was sitting on the ground.  Because you have to drive a 2 mile loop to get to that neighborhood, it is never looked at.  I assume my request was immediatly denied for this reason, as they are looking at the plant maps for my specific neighborhood and not including the fiber that runs in my easement.

Any help would be appreciated...

Official Employee

Hi @Hillcows and @asad26e

I can check to see if the Gigabit Pro is available to you. Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!