Community Forum

Re: Xfinity Prepaid... Is Junk

New Poster

I feel your frustration cause I just got the service myself. At the boost mobile authorized dealer i went to, I had to pay the 80.00 for the kit and 50.00 for the monthly plan that should have been included. when i called the prepaid department, later on the night i bought the kit, I was told the retailer can charge what ever they want. why advertise that it's 80.00 if it isnt?  I also can't watch Netflix from my tv/blueray player cause the upload speed inst strong enough to stream with. maybe xfinity <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Language"> or <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Language"> (whatever they want to call themselves) needs to look into this and see what a scam its becoming.

New Poster

XFINITY PREPAID INTERNET

I purchashed the kit on Saturday Aug 5  and called in to have it activated. Customer Service was very nice and yesterday my service was in working order but here is my complaint, I was charged more then advertised to buy the kit. I spoke to a rep from the prepaid dept on sat night and was told the retailer can charge whatever they want to. I went to the first listed boost store on the mailer xfinity sent to my address. The retailerwho is an authorized Boost Rep. told me the kit is 80.00 but then you have to pay 50.00 for the 30 days of service. I did explain that per the mailer it says the first 30 days are included but the retailer argued that the xfinity rep who set them up with selling the kits, told them to charge the 50.00 fee. would not sell the kit unless I paid the 130.00( 80 for kit and 50 for 30 days service) plus sales tax. I am very upset and would like to get my 50.00 back but the retailer wont cooperate.
Official Employee

Hi @abelland. I can help you with your internet speed issue. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Three weeks no internet yet.

Official Employee

Hi dee37, 

Sorry you're having issues with your internet. I'd like to help get your service up again. What's the problem you're having? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!