Community Forum

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

Regular Visitor

Can anybody help me?

I just spent 3 hours on the phone with Comcast from 11:30pm to 2:30am to have them switch out my old x1 equipment with the Xg1v4, some Xi5’s, the XB6 gateway, and 4 new XR15 remotes.

Oh my god, I’m surprised I have any hair left. First guy took 44 minutes and the line disconnected as he was finishing up. Never called back. Second guy <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">. Third lady was hopeless and told me she can’t order the new boxes without the XB6 gateway already being activated so @She hopes I find help with me problem”... yes, a Comcast tech support agent told me she hopes I find the help I need with my COMCAST tech problem. Her supervior was better but I was also at the 2 hour 45 minutes mark and I’m exhausted. She said the exact same thing and I just couldn’t take it, I said whatever then send the stupid gateway and can’t wait to try to call back in next week to do this all over again - the. Wanted to charge me shipping after all this.

Now, I’m 49 minutes away at least from my nearest xfinity store and I’m sorry but they are <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory"> that work there and tech support years ago told me for any of the new equipment, don’t worry, tell then you’re both far away from the store and they don’t have the knowledge on the new equipment and they will waive the stupid fee. But mind you, I’m already 3 hours in and in with a supervisor who just told me I’m going to have to call back and do this in steps to start with.

Now before I beg for some help, I will also say that I said I realize the Xi5 comparison boxes need the wireless MoCa but also are not and never will be 4K compatible, so can I either get 4 if the Xg1v4’s for my 4x 4K TV’s or is there a good reason why I should change out my Xi3 companion boxes?? (Other than they’ve been a little flakey)... but I said, since I know (reading right here) that the g1v4’s don’t even require that new modem, why can’t you send me either the 4K box and/or the new gateway together, since it doesn’t need to be “installed” on the system first - as she said? Well, she still said no. <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">

Are their any Comcast employees that can help me out without me having to actually put my phone to my ear for another 3 hours?

I appreciate the time,
Justin

Tags (5)
Expert

wrote:

Can anybody help me?

I just spent 3 hours on the phone with Comcast from 11:30pm to 2:30am to have them switch out my old x1 equipment with the Xg1v4, some Xi5’s, the XB6 gateway, and 4 new XR15 remotes.

Oh my god, I’m surprised I have any hair left. First guy took 44 minutes and the line disconnected as he was finishing up. Never called back. Second guy <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">. Third lady was hopeless and told me she can’t order the new boxes without the XB6 gateway already being activated so @She hopes I find help with me problem”... yes, a Comcast tech support agent told me she hopes I find the help I need with my COMCAST tech problem. Her supervior was better but I was also at the 2 hour 45 minutes mark and I’m exhausted. She said the exact same thing and I just couldn’t take it, I said whatever then send the stupid gateway and can’t wait to try to call back in next week to do this all over again - the. Wanted to charge me shipping after all this.

Now, I’m 49 minutes away at least from my nearest xfinity store and I’m sorry but they are <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory"> that work there and tech support years ago told me for any of the new equipment, don’t worry, tell then you’re both far away from the store and they don’t have the knowledge on the new equipment and they will waive the stupid fee. But mind you, I’m already 3 hours in and in with a supervisor who just told me I’m going to have to call back and do this in steps to start with.

Now before I beg for some help, I will also say that I said I realize the Xi5 comparison boxes need the wireless MoCa but also are not and never will be 4K compatible, so can I either get 4 if the Xg1v4’s for my 4x 4K TV’s or is there a good reason why I should change out my Xi3 companion boxes?? (Other than they’ve been a little flakey)... but I said, since I know (reading right here) that the g1v4’s don’t even require that new modem, why can’t you send me either the 4K box and/or the new gateway together, since it doesn’t need to be “installed” on the system first - as she said? Well, she still said no. <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">

Are their any Comcast employees that can help me out without me having to actually put my phone to my ear for another 3 hours?

I appreciate the time,
Justin

The 4k (currently for Netflix only if subscription includes 4k streams) is currently available only with the more capable and higher-rental Xg1v4 set top boxes. Many of us have 3 XG1's in our homes for the extra storage capability for the household. The Xi5's are usually requested (max 3) when there is no coax cabling at the set top box locations. Is that your need? the Xi5 needs one of 2 different gateways that include wifi and have MoCA capability. the gateway currently is allowed to support only 3 Xi5s. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Expert
Moved: