Community Forum

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

Contributor

Is there any way for us to verify if this box is available/will work in our specific town?  It is available at our local office, but I keep getting the run around on the phone, on line via chat, and at the local office when I attempt to swap out my current DVR for this one.  This shouldn't be this difficult, and you would think right before you make the announcement that you actually have 4K content to provide to compete with the other services (even if it is Netflix) you would have your customer service staff with some general training on how to handle basic box swapping.  Or did they not expect anyone to want 4K service?

- online chat on 11/2 tells me to go to my "local office" (not very local) to swap out my box.  They have 4K boxes, but not the manufacturer that works in my specific town.  They take my info down and I have to sign some form allowing them to leave up to 3 messages on my voice mail when the next box comes in that they will hold for me.  They say they get these in constantly and their warehouse guy comes in tomorrow.  It's now 11/15 and still waiting.

- Last week I do anoter online chat, this person tells me they don't know what's going on with the local office, but they can just go ahead and ship one out to me - they have plenty in stock.  There will be a $15 fee to ship it.  At this point I say fine, it's worth it just to get this over with.  She goes off to set it up and then comes back about 5 minutes later to say sorry, while she was going to set it up she realized they have no inventory and don't know when they will get more in.  She will put a note on my account.  What?  Have not heard back on that one either.

- So just now, I decide to try and call the "local" store to see if I can talk to the person I spoke with regarding holding the next box that came in.  Of course you can't actually get the phone number to the local store, just the 800 number to the national customer service, who also cannot give you the local number.  Very odd, as I'm sure they have a phone.  Again this person has no idea what's going on, can't verify anything about a box for me, and is no help whatsoever.

Why is it so hard to swap out a box?  The competition is Begging me to come give me 4k boxes with more content behind them.  I'd prefer to stay, but they are not making this easy.  If my town is not "live" yet, no one seems to be able to tell me this, but the local office indicated that it is live.  Can it really be that there is not one box in the entire country available?  Maybe, again not a very good prep for an announcement of 4k content being available.

What am I missing here?

Official Employee

KK_in_CT,

Box inventory is limited in every state. I can help by having a box shipped to you. Please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Official Employee
Moved:

Your post has been removed to a secure, hidden area for violating Forum Guidelines [personal identifying information in image]. If you are not familiar with the Guidelines you may review them here. http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379