Community Forum

Re: Why does Comcast treat loyal customers so badly?

Regular Visitor

I ALSO BELIEVE THAT COMCAST/ XFINITY TREATS ITS L;OYAL CUSTOMERS BADLY AND WITH DISTRESPECT. tHIS IS NOT TO CAST SHADE ON CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS WHO TRY THEIR BEST TO BE HELPFUL. i AM A DISABLED SENIOR (NO DISCOUITS HERE) AND HAVEW BEEN WITH THE COMPANY FOR DECADES. i HAVE HEARD PEOPLE ARE LEAVING IN DROVES BECAUSE WITH NEXFLICS AND HULU AND THE LIKE, WE NO LONGER HAVE TO PUT UP WITH COMCAST NICKEL AND DIMING US. i AM GRANDFRATHERED INTO THE LOWEST PROGRAMMING WHICH IS ABYSMAL. iN THE NEXT YEAR IR SO i WILL BE MOVING. I DO NOT PLAN ON TAKING THIS COMPANY WITH ME. i DO HOPE THEIR HIGHER MANAGEMENT SINKS IN TO THE QUICKSAND.

Official Employee

Hi Christinefrance, If you would like I could I could review promotions and see if there is any way to save you on your monthly Bill.  Could you please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number).

Thank you

Regular Visitor

Hello. I am a disabled senior on a low fixed income.  I have spoken to people in the billing department. Currently the program I am on does not exist and i am "grandfathered in" at about $101.00per month for tv, internet and phone. I sometimes rent a movie. The cable tv programming is awful to begin with and has many repeats.  The only movie channel I have is in Spanish,(which you could at least do subtitles). I asked for a plan that would include EWTN Catholic station and Hallmark movies which are my two favorite stations. but that would add about a 35-0$4 dollar increase per month. Now that we are all digital,when is Comcast going to allow al-a -carte settings. I do not need 200 channels...just a select few. I repeat : the ONLY thing that Comcast has goin g for it are the very nice customer service and tech people who go above and beyond to help. It's a very good thing I still have my dvd player. Disappointed in Haverhill, Christine Collins

Contributor

In my opinion, it's because the company has grown too large. 

They're making enough money to buy content providers (NBC)... They're now making money from us by...

1) supplying the cable to the house (Great)

2) Selling advertising on the basic cable channels

3) Selling our browsing information to third parties (govt just passed this law last year)

4) other??

Comcast's biggest concern seems to be making money. 

I'm so close to moving to AT&T. I just hope we still have other options in the future. 

I really wish I knew why they treated me/us so bad. I really do. 

Official Employee

Hello. I am a disabled senior on a low fixed income.  I have spoken to people in the billing department. Currently the program I am on does not exist and i am "grandfathered in" at about $101.00per month for tv, internet and phone. I sometimes rent a movie. The cable tv programming is awful to begin with and has many repeats.  The only movie channel I have is in Spanish,(which you could at least do subtitles). I asked for a plan that would include EWTN Catholic station and Hallmark movies which are my two favorite stations. but that would add about a 35-0$4 dollar increase per month. Now that we are all digital,when is Comcast going to allow al-a -carte settings. I do not need 200 channels...just a select few. I repeat : the ONLY thing that Comcast has goin g for it are the very nice customer service and tech people who go above and beyond to help. It's a very good thing I still have my dvd player. Disappointed in Haverhill, Christine Collins

christinefrance, while some carriers do provide a la carte programming, we do not. We believe that programming choices and diversity of channels currently available would be impaired by this model. We do however offer many different programming tiers and additional packages to add to a tier. Please let us know if we can provide more information about one of those tiers.